Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Default Clinging Darkness

There was another thread on snare that was supposedly resolved but whatever was done to resolve the problem didn't resolve it for this spell. On Live, Clinging Darkness (Regent Symbol of Innoruuk clicky) stopped mobs from running.

IIRC, lower level mobs that didnt have that many HP still ran but moved very slow. Definitely by the time I was XPing at level 30 the mobs were stopped in their tracks at low health.

I don't know if this helps and I assume you already have access to this but here is the link to lucy:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=344

Asher
Old 01-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, you are right. I think, however, on emu servers, snare works differently or something...hell, on Shards of Dalaya they fixed this by not allowing any mobs in the entire game to run, lol. Took awhile to get used to.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Whatever it is it really blows.

Any chance we could change the clicky to a basic snare then or perhaps increase the slowed movement or whatever it takes to get the thing to function?

I was hoping to be able to solo dungeons in Kunark but without snare it will be rough.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

This got knocked back to page 4.

Possible quick fix is to just increase snare %'d on the spell. I know mobs run faster on this server and that is most likely the reason this spell doesn't function as it should.

Any chance there will be a fix?

Asher
Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
VIP / Contributor

Clinging darkness is an especially low snare percentage spell that is especially weak when you first get it. It will get tolerable with level and further spells in the line.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

I have played a druid, ranger, SK and wizard to various levels on this server and the snare lines all seem to coincide with the way they worked on live.

All snares are not the same though so keep that in mind.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clinging darkness is an especially low snare percentage spell that is especially weak when you first get it. It will get tolerable with level and further spells in the line.
This is great for necros and SKs but for those of us who use the Regent Symbol of Innoruuk we are shit out of luck.

On Live clinging darkness stopped mobs in their tracks. They didn't move. Here they still move even though I am level 49. I am not sure which snare %'d stops mobs from moving but since mobs here move faster than mobs on live the % would probably need to be higher to stop them from moving.

I assume solving the mob movement speed problem is much more difficult so a quicker fix would be to increase the %'d to the point where mobs will stop moving when this spell is cast on them.

Regent symbol of Innoruuk was one of the best clickies for TRL and HUM Inny worshipping priests. Currently it is a PoS 36 second DoT for 5 a tick.

If we could just increase the snare to stop mobs from moving for the duration of the spell you would make many clerics and shaman happy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you need any additional information or proof about this spell stopping mobs on live let me know and I will try and dig up whatever you need.

Asher
Last edited by Asher; 01-19-2011 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have played a druid, ranger, SK and wizard to various levels on this server and the snare lines all seem to coincide with the way they worked on live.

All snares are not the same though so keep that in mind.
I am just guessing at what the problem is. All I know is that it stopped mobs on live and it doesn't stop them here. Any sort of fix would be appreciated.

Asher
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Kobold

I never remember clinging darkness being able to fully stop a running mob, and I played a SK for years on live and used this as a primary aggro tool (thus, it was active on mobs a lot).

Maybe once they were more damaged, and ran slower, it would fully stop them, but not at 20% or whatever it is when they begin to run.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regent symbol of Innoruuk was one of the best clickies for TRL and HUM Inny worshipping priests. Currently it is a PoS 36 DoT for 5 a tick.
Quote:
Clinging Darkness
DoT for 30 Hit Points (HP) in 6 ticks
Decrease Movement between 24% (L4) to 30% (L10)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Shd (L15), Nec (L4)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Magic + 25

Mana Required: 20
Spell Duration: 6 ticks (36 seconds)
Duration Formula: 1
Casting Time: 1.75 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds
Recast Delay: 4.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You are in the grip of darkness.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso is surrounded by darkness.
Spell fades: You darkness fades.
This spell is exactly as it was in classic.

Quote:
Engulfing Darkness
DoT for 110 Hit Points (HP) in 10 ticks
Decrease Movement by 40% (L12)
Quote:
Dooming Darkness
DoT for 300 Hit Points (HP) in 15 ticks
Decrease Movement between 49% (L29) to 65% (L60)
Quote:
Devouring Darkness
DoT for 1605 Hit Points (HP) in 15 ticks
Decrease Movement between 69% (L59) to 70% (L60)
Better snares come with better spells. If the dinky level 4 spell was the be-all-end-all of snaring, there wouldnt have been much point in having scaled movement modification on later spells, or other classes spells.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 01-18-2011 at 11:50 PM..
Closed Thread