Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Default duelwield question

I have a question on duelwield. Is it better to have the faster weapon with lower damnage in main or slower with higher damnage. Does your off hand check on your main hands delay or its own delay?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Aviak

"You want low delay in mainhand and best ratio in offhand. The damage bonus does not get applied to offhand weapons, and your offhand swings independently of your mainhand."

copy and pasted from above link
Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Damage bonus is not currently implemented. For DPS, put best ratio in mainhand, and next best in offhand. When the damage bonus is put back in, yes you will likely want your faster weapon in mainhand.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Kobold

Even without the damage bonus, doesn't a successful dual wield check require a main-hand swing, or is that just a Live Server thing? I always remember wanting the fastest weapon in your main-hand because you could not swing your off-hand weapon till the main-hand swing and did a DW check.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

That wasn't true. I definitely had multiple swings in my offhand independent of swining with my main hand.

There were some people with wurmslayer mainhand / fast weapon offhand. They could tell you that you didn't have to swing with the wurmslayer for each offhand, otherwise you are effectively reducing your offhand to 40 delay. They are definitely independent.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wasn't true. I definitely had multiple swings in my offhand independent of swining with my main hand.

There were some people with wurmslayer mainhand / fast weapon offhand. They could tell you that you didn't have to swing with the wurmslayer for each offhand, otherwise you are effectively reducing your offhand to 40 delay. They are definitely independent.
Yep, just went and looked it up, it appears that people used fast weapons in their offhand, because the dual wield check can only occur based on the offhand weapon delay. So each time the delay on the offhand weapon elapses, you can check for DW success, and either swing, or not swing based on the result.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damage bonus is not currently implemented. For DPS, put best ratio in mainhand, and next best in offhand. When the damage bonus is put back in, yes you will likely want your faster weapon in mainhand.
Pretty much spot correct until damage bonuses are back.

After that there are certain situations where you will want to break the rule (ie: bigger damage bonus on the better ratio weapon or a very useful proc). But mainly the trend will be what the OP posted.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Skeleton

DW being a "proc" off your main hand is how the game used to work till around PoP.

Back then, a very fast wep in main, and a slow high dmg in offhand was the way to go.

Dmg bonus is based off your lvl for 1h weps... So all 1h weps will be the same dmg bonus for you.. At least , that's how its always worked on live.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
DW being a "proc" off your main hand is how the game used to work till around PoP.
False. Refer to the above example of a ranger using wurmslayer / lupine dagger. You could get the dagger to swing twice before the wurmslayer would swing a second time, so clearly the offhand isn't a proc.