Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Aviak

Default starting new

im starting fresh on red to get my pvp fix, what would be a great starting class for soling/pvp?
Old 03-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

High elf paladin or wood elf rogue
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

But just choose the class you want to enjoy and you will be in good shape no class is pure junk.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

how much time does it take to get 1-60 here with minimal help/twinking?

legit curious
Old 03-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

go druid OP
Old 03-28-2017, 12:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoselic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im starting fresh on red to get my pvp fix, what would be a great starting class for soling/pvp?
I always hated when people told me to "play what you want" but thats is honestly the best option I could give you. I leveled a high elf paladin from scratch without twinking, it was rough but always pretty memorable and fun going from rags to my first ghoulbane and eventually planear armor. Think about it for a moment and you probably have a guy reaction to which class you would play ideally.

With that said the population is also lower than it was then so things like getting a bind, as trivial as that sounds, may be a pain in the ass for some classes. So if you have your heart set on a melee you may be in for a tougher time than say, a druid or mage.

So I'll close with this, do you have the time and see yourself investing in red99 enough to grind up a druid/mage/necro etc to farm or support a second/main class, or are you plan on casually playing one character?
Last edited by Squire; 03-28-2017 at 12:37 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 07:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always hated when people told me to "play what you want" but thats is honestly the best option I could give you. I leveled a high elf paladin from scratch without twinking, it was rough but always pretty memorable and fun going from rags to my first ghoulbane and eventually planear armor. Think about it for a moment and you probably have a guy reaction to which class you would play ideally.

With that said the population is also lower than it was then so things like getting a bind, as trivial as that sounds, may be a pain in the ass for some classes. So if you have your heart set on a melee you may be in for a tougher time than say, a druid or mage.

So I'll close with this, do you have the time and see yourself investing in red99 enough to grind up a druid/mage/necro etc to farm or support a second/main class, or are you plan on casually playing one character?
Please send me tell when toon is created with location so I can grief you off the server
Old 03-28-2017, 07:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mus3t11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seek help you future cucklord.
This thread is not 'what do you say to yourself every morning you look in the mirror'
Last edited by MerkelMacron; 03-28-2017 at 07:43 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Low levels could be rough if you can't solo. However I've been seeing more groups especially in the mistmoore area. Just be prepared to solo depending on your hours of play,so pick something suitable.

The hot zones like crush one, unrest, mistmoore have insane exp on top of our exp bonus, but will also have more PvP. It's easily dodged considering you will be in rags and they won't be. It's part of the game. Most people would probably agree having a second toon (different area/level range) leveling up in parallel for these times that you need to let a zone cool off and come back to is a good idea.
Last edited by Retticus; 03-28-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

Check out Sanctuary, noob focused guild, we always help each other out and I can get you set up with some starter items!
Mackaroni <Seal Team> - Human Monk
Closed Thread