Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default long term haste item for monk

thinking of starting a monk, and before i shed my plat i'd like to know which haste item i should aim for

the goal is, not having to worry about upgrading haste item later on, and able to solo most of time.

im thinking of geting RBB or even sea belt/rbg instead of cof/cocw. i could save well over 30k and get another weapon such as tstaff

what to do?
Old 03-30-2018, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

I'd go with RBG. Back slot has easy to get high stat items like Hierophant Cloak that waist slot doesn't.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-30-2018, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

hiero cloak + haste belt (RBB/RBG/Seahorse) vs. cocw/cof + spider fur belt

more stats and less haste, and save 20-40k - seems like a reasonable move
Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Aim for PoS belt. It didnt cost me a cent.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Use a spiked seahorse belt and a hiero at first, then later on sell hiero and get a cloak of confusion
Old 03-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

If you can afford a CoF, then get a CoF. You never regret BIS haste.

Zen
Old 03-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Kobold

My vote is for the seahorse. 2% less haste than CoF, but has resists/hp/stats to boot. Doesn't rake your wallet as hard either.

However, dependent on your late game or future solo endeavors. Getting your epic makes a monumental difference. If you are soloing that is the best possible haste you can have period (assuming you don't duo with a haste casting partner). Also changes your fists to 9/16 to boot.

So making sure you can form up a group to get that done or flat out buy the MQ is something to keep in mind.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

I like RBG. You can still wear it even after getting a cloak for the stats. RBG is good for hitpoints which is nice for a pulling monk.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Banned

I have an RBG on my 60 warrior and RBB on twinkle monk. The haste difference is noticeable. I'd go for a seahorse belt if I were you
Old 03-31-2018, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RBB is a fine item, CoF is a better item. You are talking about a lot of top end items that you really will not need until 50 or 55+

If you want to have a nicely twinked monk I would buy a RBB and a Peacebringer (NOT a TStaff). The most important item you need to have is a Fungi, so I am assuming you have one of these already since you are talking about T Staffs and CoFs. Important thing to remember is all these item you are talking about are pretty easy to resell so if you need to liquidate it shouldn't be all that hard so don't sweat it too much.

Hiero cloak is literally the biggest rip off there is on P99 - Buy a Hooded Black Cloak for like 500pp and be done with it.

The trick to P99 is buying like the 2nd or 3rd BiS item instead of the BiS item and you can reasonably gear any character for like 1/100th the cost and you are honestly barely behind the curve because gear is fairly meaningless.

However I am an alpha monk and have Golden Sash of Tranquility + Facesmasher + Epic so peasant problems like these are beneath me.
i like your mentality - going for the 2nd or 3rd BiS

RBG (27% haste 23k) vs. RBB (31% haste 31k) vs. Sea Belt (34% haste 44k)

8k for +4% haste vs. 13k for +3%

Seems like RBB makes sense
Closed Thread