Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-03-2020, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Question Weird crashes on one char related to pets

This has been driving me nuts for a couple weeks, hoping someone here can help me figure it out.

On one of my characters (a ranger), my client freezes up when I get into what seems to be combat logging range of a pet or wolf form player while they're in combat.

This didn't start happening until recently, I believe the first instance of it that I noticed was on 1/22 and I've been playing the char for months. I began to notice that there always seemed to be a pet on my screen as I crashed, so I did some testing. At a distance, whether they're in combat or not, I don't crash. Up close and with them out of combat, I don't crash. Up close and with them in combat, I crash. I've reproduced it in multiple zones. I have not been able to reproduce it on other characters. My first thought was an issue with logging, but I can reproduce it with log off. My next thought is something to do with the models and their animations - like a combat animation that only shows when I'm close enough? I'm not sure about that. I've tried a fresh install of the client, basic textures, HD textures, none of them seem to be affecting the crashes.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Sarnak

Update: It's not limited to pets/wolf form. I've reproduced it with other small models in combat, such as a gnome fighting a goblin and a dwarf fighting an aviak (both examples in BBM).
Old 02-14-2020, 03:00 AM
Sarnak

Still experiencing a freeze/crash in many situations. It's become harder to pinpoint a commonality except that it only happens to one character of mine, never to others. I just took my ranger to guk for the first time and crashed when I zoned in, when I logged in and barely moved after the first crash, when I went around a corner on the way towards spiders/scryer area, and when I arrived at ass/sup in lguk.

I've tried creating fresh ini files for the affected character. I've done a full reinstall. This still happens, and only to this one character. There has to be some character specific thing causing this, but I don't know what that would be.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Well, I think I finally fixed it. I deleted my char specific inis and rebuilt my UI from scratch. Seems to be good now. I wonder how the UI ini was causing that, I didn't do anything unusual with it.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Had Achondroplasiaphobia set to True?

-Mcoy