Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-02-2022, 04:28 AM
Large Rat

Default No music after turning ingame music slider to 0

Hello,

I have looked around a little and didn't seem to find a fix for my issue. I installed EQ titanium edition from the youtube video "10 minute install" by Joe Leonard (which i think is the "EQ Lite" version) I played for a few days with everything working but at one point i had turned down my music slider to 0%, the music slowly faded out (which i thought was weird since it happened over a few seconds after reducing the slider to zero) and now i cant get any zone music to play after turning up the music volume slider.

I can hear the ambient environment noises, i can hear combat music, i can hear the world sounds like foot steps and bags opening, combat noises etc, but no area music. Oh i can hear the music when i open a vender sell screen sometimes.

So i found posts saying an operating system option, "SW synth" or something might get turned down but i couldnt find any settings, im running win10 home.

I acquired the titanium edition ISOs, deleted my first install and made another install in a separate directory and had the same problem, deleted the titanium ed and reinstalled the lite version (im so new i liked all the settings Joe Leonard changed with his install, mostly menu and ui commands that i had gotten used to) and same problem.

Im leaning toward something is wrong on my PC since the issue persisted between both installs? I saw a post from 2014 about using another volume mixer maybe? i wasnt sure since it was 7-8 years ago and a different operating system.

Thanks for any info or help regarding my issue!

*edit* Hm, well i went from east common lands to nektulos forest and now i can hear creepy music, maybe there wasnt any music where i was before while reinstalling? (which was east commonlands)
Last edited by watashi86; 06-02-2022 at 04:58 AM..
Old 06-06-2022, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

If you want to check better, go to any merchant and see if the merchant music pops up when browsing goods.

That is check 1

For check 2 , go to Qeynos, with a level 1 toon freshly created and go to Arena and see if music pops there or with merchants under a tent nearby.

Those particular songs are usually the ones the old client tries to play in midi.

If you can listen to those its ok, if not, then we can verify its a midi issue.

Some clients, have the old midi songs or default to playing them instead of the newer mp3 ones.
----------------------------------
[center]