Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Orc

Default Players buffing NPCs

Right now, players cannot cast buffs on NPCs.

Expected: In classic, players could cast buffs on NPCs. Griefers would routinely cast damage shields or HP buffs on newbie mobs.

Players were not able to heal NPCs, so I'm guessing this was flagged on a per spell basis.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Orc

Per another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm.. If you are speaking of guards and such.. and can't do that.. then maybe thats an issue.. But if you are speaking of the newbie kill mobs like bats, you had to charm them before giving them buffs/items, which I believe is doable.
Can anyone verify? I don't have charm.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Expected: In classic, players could cast buffs on NPCs. Griefers would routinely cast damage shields or HP buffs on newbie mobs.

Players were not able to heal NPCs, so I'm guessing this was flagged on a per spell basis.
Requesting things to be made "classic" for the purpose of griefing.... sad.

Would you like any fries with your order?

Please pull forward to the 2nd window.

Haynar
Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

That must have been a very early "feature". I remember the necessity to charm a mob in order to get buffs onto it.

I couldn't buff a mob and *then* charm it, for example. I had to charm it first.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Requesting things to be made "classic" for the purpose of griefing.... sad.

Would you like any fries with your order?

Please pull forward to the 2nd window.

Haynar
I'm not requesting the feature, I'm just filing it as a potential issue because it's not classic. You're not going to see me advocating a fix.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Aviak

I think it for me it boils down to either classic or no ..but not my sandbox ..i just play here

(ninja quoted from New Punctuation Marks for Grammar Nerds)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You need to do the research and provide links with proof or patch notes when you request stuff like this or you will not see anything changed.

And to answer your other question: I charmed a specter last night and accidentally cast invisibility on it instead of myself. Invis landed. You can always buff charmed pets.

In fact druids have a buff that can only be used on their own pets in classic (ie: can only be used on a charmed animal)
Last edited by guineapig; 05-06-2010 at 10:14 AM..
Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
For the sake of argument, I filed the following two bugs:

Game Mechanics: Players buffing NPCs

Game Mechanics: Giving items and equipment to NPCs and mobs

Both of these issues come with significant customer service costs, but they are technically classic. Will we see fixes for them?

I'm very neutral on this issue, but I'm curious what we're shooting for in terms of mixing up old features with classic features.

Oh, I see what you did there. Just read your post in the other thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I see what you did there. Just read your post in the other thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, take these bugs with a grain of salt. I imagine we'd all rather the devs focus on content fixes. But if we're reverting things like pet buff messages, DoT damage tick messages, etc., I thought these issues should at least be brought up. And if I actually wanted the behavior changed, I might do some research. :P

Anyway, in this case, it sounds like the current behavior mimics classic - I had forgotten about the charm step, because I never bothered much with charm spells.

Resolved!
Closed Thread