Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Default Almost nothing in Plane of Hate sees invisible

This needs a look, I gather that evidence is going to be impossible to find.

I'm on the case, but if someone wants to pitch in and gather with me, it would be appreciated!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

I recall needing a combo of IVU/invis to move through hate. It was like that here until they changed line of sight there a few patches back. For some reason all the undead changed to not see invis.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Yeah just in an initial run through having only regular invis I was like heh dafuq. But clearly there were many more mobs that should have seen through invis as well.

IMO an aim, evidence or not, needs to be made for this one to be "classic like". No expectations I don't think, should be made that we can make this perfect.

I'd say EQMac is the way to determine what's what here.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say EQMac is the way to determine what's what here.
Not trolling, but question, wouldn't that be post revamp and therefore back to how Hate was with able to zone in safely and make it so it wasn't the right source material?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

Hate on the EQMac server is the Revamp from Velious.

There is a thread in Server chat that kind of discusses what could and could not see Invis/Sneak/Hide.

I tried for a little while but it was very difficult to find anything regarding this.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trolling, but question, wouldn't that be post revamp and therefore back to how Hate was with able to zone in safely and make it so it wasn't the right source material?
No a very good point and these bug discussions are getting more interesting than the presidential debates lately.

My response to that is, yes, it is certainly a post revamp hate.

However!

The downstairs mobs are completely unchanged except the mummies and their loot tables. Beloved hate-minis and Inny himself aside along with the top floor of gigantic sized cleric of inny model hate knights and such... everything like spite golems, phants, abhorrents, chests, rats, ghasts etc should all match what's going on there.

I think a quick audit of "well about half of the spite golems didn't see invis" and "none of the clerics I conned saw invis" would wrap this up nicely.

Plane of Hate was always a "oh god when is the next group loading in we got mad shit here fuck me" on progression live. I saw it with a progression group on RZ and then again with a more experienced group on SZ, it needs a lil more meaness to it to really capture that PoH "port up" feeling.

Unrelated but big props on the NPCs aggroing through the zone in house walls. A very classic change that deserves kudos again.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be, but from my memory the invis mechanics were pretty accurate prior to the aggro change patch. Unfortunately classic planes raids are the least vivid in my memory since it's been so long. This is the best I can recall it, but not sure if I'm even accurate. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sorry for no evidence, but perhaps it's still helpful.

Chests = See invis
Spite Golums = See invis
Loathing Liches = IVU works
Abhorrents = Invis works
Scorned Banshees = IVU works, Sees through sneak/hide
Forsaken Revanents = IVU works
Rats = Invis Works
Ashenbone Drakes = IVU works
Clerics of Innoruuk = Invis works
Kira's = IVU works
Last edited by Zeelot; 10-17-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Banned

I'm hoping we can agree to some hard and fast rule to where someone posts a memory to something and its decidable by people who have a strong reputation in this section to say "ok, well EQ Mac would be OK to test this".

Nilbog of course being final arbiter and executioner.

This, I would say, is one of those cases.

This isn't a change that's going to hurt anyone feelings, but may make racing to Inny more interesting than "invis up GOGOGOGO".
Old 10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

Probably been this way for a while.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Aggro radius on chests might be fubared as well. There's been a couple times when I could walk up the stairs in a house and aggro every mob BUT the chest, even body pulling wasn't working. I'd have to actually tag it with a shuriken or dmg it before it would wake up.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread