PDA

View Full Version : Beta Suggestions

heartbrand
01-29-2015, 10:40 AM
1) More GM powers to players. No one on red has any of the GM abilities guild leaders / officers on blue have. This makes testing many mobs incredibly tedious, and often times impossible if they aren't even spawned.

2) Please put peridots on the beta copies or at the very least put free peridots and water/food on the merchants in north ro.

3) Can we put armor gems on merchants at this point for testing?

4) Is there any concise goals or things needing testing the devs are looking for at this point? Beta feels way too open with no real idea of what is needing testing or what not. I don't know what to even look for a lot of the time.

Thank you and God Bless.

Daldaen
01-29-2015, 10:44 AM
No one in our guild has GM Powers.

If we are handing them out let me know so that I can beta test some stuff more easily!

Yes put armor gems on a gnome please

As for the peridots and food just go to Thurg and sell a Tink Bag, bank the plat and recopy. Though yes most of those beta copies are horrible.

heartbrand
01-29-2015, 11:21 AM
It just seems unnecessarily tedious to have to do that every time you beta copy, which if you're like me who just beta copies every time you die, wastes quite a bit of time, considering it probably takes 45 seconds to 2 minutes to just add this to a merchant.

Daldaen
01-29-2015, 11:24 AM
You fail really hard if you are beta copying every death. Die less?

You have to rebuy spells, get rid of the characters useless resist gear, reorganize bags, ugh... Plus you are littering Velious with your corpses.

Man0warr
01-29-2015, 11:24 AM
GM powers or GM rez gloves? I don't think any actual blue players/officers outside of Vandy in BDA has GM powers (he's a dev).

They give the gloves out like candy though.

Armor gems and peridots would be good though.

Is anyone testing all the Mischief armor stuff? Because those quests are pretty convoluted - would be nice for those pieces to be on a vendor somewhere to test combines.

heartbrand
01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
You fail really hard if you are beta copying every death. Die less?

You have to rebuy spells, get rid of the characters useless resist gear, reorganize bags, ugh... Plus you are littering Velious with your corpses.

It's just not worth it a lot of times to run back depending on where you died lol.

Tehwoot
01-29-2015, 01:17 PM
Copies with decent gear would help... Not much group stuff going on, couldnt hurt to have the classes having best in slot items and the clickies they would normally use. For example Shaman doesnt have JBB?

Daldaen
01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
It's just not worth it a lot of times to run back depending on where you died lol.

Have a cleric... Or better yet max faction on a beta buffed cleric and box it.

Nirgon
02-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Need a way to spawn mobs at will too in their designated raid zones if possible

Hence, GM powers?

I'm all about testing if we can nail things back to back

Good picks would be Takyn (Exed), Gongshow, Lite prob

High play times and actually have a serious interest in the quest

Daldaen
02-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Would love being able to spawn, freeze and reset mobs. That'd be greaaaat.

AE full Mana and Disc recharges would be really neat too for testing mobs.

Daldaen
02-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Bump.

A suggestion I'd like to throw out there:

On beta could we enable /targetgroupbuff on? This is an ability that is added very late into Velious. And I'd like it to be added at the proper time in Velious.

However, as far as Beta testing goes, having the ability to TGB would help expediate recovery on wipes a decent bit. Allowing for more testing in our time. There isn't much in-combat advantage such a change would make. It would just reduce downtime and increase time actively testing.

Just thought I would throw this out there. Just for Beta. Once Velious goes live it would be removed and not reimplemented until 11 months in.