PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Pets are mitigating damage

Danien
09-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Melee hits against pet should either do no damage (By miss/dodge/whatever) or maximum possible.

Right now they mitigate damage in a similiar manner to which a npc or player would do, which is not classic (Nor in the slightest bit balanced).

Lazortag
09-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Speed up the fixing of this bug by posting evidence if you can (use archives of old eq sites using the wayback machine, patch notes, or whatever other links you have).

Danien
09-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Do people seriously not remember this? It's a huge reason why mages would rarely ever heal their pets and neither would grping with a healer be worth it.

Shamanx
09-30-2011, 12:31 AM
No its true, there was never mitigation against pets. It's why it was always worth it to knock down a mage/necro pet first

nilbog
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
bump

Palemoon
10-20-2011, 11:16 AM
When was this suposidly changed so that pets would mitigate player hits? (if ever)?

Xatava
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't remember it being either way as I never played a pet class but if pets couldn't mitigate any damage what is the point of the mage line of spells that lets them summon ac gear for their pets?

Jigga
10-20-2011, 01:51 PM
You refering to phantom line?

Shamanx
10-20-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't remember it being either way as I never played a pet class but if pets couldn't mitigate any damage what is the point of the mage line of spells that lets them summon ac gear for their pets?

I believe he is talking about mitigating PvP damage. As it stands, melee is mitigated by 66% or whatever in PvP, but in classic I recall that this didn't apply to pets, you're damage wasn't mitigated. AC and everything would still work for them, but they wouldn't reduce spells or melee in PvP by 66%

Palemoon
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I believe he is talking about mitigating PvP damage. As it stands, melee is mitigated by 66% or whatever in PvP, but in classic I recall that this didn't apply to pets, you're damage wasn't mitigated. AC and everything would still work for them, but they wouldn't reduce spells or melee in PvP by 66%

ahh ok. so pvp damage was not "nerfed" by a third against pets?

Kinda tangently supporting this: You can get weapon/defense/etc skill ups vs. blue (or higher con) pets on Al'kabor, but of course not against other players. Like the pets are treated as true NPCs in all ways (skill ups... PC damage done to them? etc)