PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Cabilis/Iksar Faction

foxhogrider
08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I turned in thousands of bone chips to Trooper Mozo in FoB over the last week or so and during that time my Legion of Cabilis faction is maxed (warmly). I remember on live that there was a time that once you maxed this faction none of the others would increase even if the quest text said it was. Also, I am now at at least dubious with all other factions except Citizens of Cabilis. I think perhaps this faction is bugged since I remember this faction on live going up about the same as the SK faction which took the longest to raise. Currently citizens of Cabilis is still scowls. Interestingly enough even at scowls I can still bank in Cabilis. I have more chips to turn in however I don't want to waste them if they are not raising the other factions. If there is anything I can do to help you look into this, please let me know. Cyphyn is the character that I did all the turn ins with. Thank you for all you guys do to make this game what it is.

maximum
08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
There's some discussion (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=490672#post490672) on other threads about this, but the whole faction system was revamped when Velious expansion came out. I would save your Bone Chips until then.

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Faction#Faction.2C_Kunark
"NOTE: In original classic, once your faction was capped with Iksar Troopers, you were unable to raise it with anywhere else in Cabilis as they all became capped (even if you were at scowling). I'm not sure if it is this way currently on P99, but please be aware of the possibility. It was later fixed on live. "

Leftoverture
08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Nilbog told me thats not the case here when I asked a few days before kunark came out on red. Im not maxxed with troopers yet so I cant say for sure

happyhappy
08-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Fairly certain that there should be some diety hatred in there too, as a sol ro wizard using iksar pots I was Ally to everyone in Cab East but still scowling to Crusaders of Greenmist.

foxhogrider
08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
I am more concerned with the citizens of Cabilis faction right now. It seems it is not going up along with the other factions since they are still at scowls while all others are at at least dubious.

foxhogrider
08-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Looks like one of the issues was addressed at some point on live prior to Velious.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001129.html

Have not found out anything yet about Citizens of Cabilis faction being far lower than the rest and taking longer to raise. Some posts on Allakhazam's speaks to this somewhat but there is nothing definitive.

foxhogrider
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Turned in another 12 stacks of bone chips and I am now at

Legion of Cabilis - Warmly
Scaled Mystics - Amiable
Swift Tails - Amiable
Crusaders of Greenmist - Apprehensive
Cabilis Residents - Scowls

Very frustrating that Cabilis Residents is still so much lower. Hopefully it will go up soon or it will get discovered that there is a bug and the faction will get fixed.

Sundawg
08-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Can you tell me the name of the NPC that is on "Cabilis Residents" faction that scowls at you?

Are you sure you dont mean you are KOS with the Necromancer faction instead?

foxhogrider
08-28-2012, 10:19 PM
I am currently kindly with Necro due to the probably thousands of bandits Ive killed and I am currently on the 8th skullcap quest. I still have more to kill as I believe I have to get to warmly to do the next stage in the quest line as the quest giver does not give me the text and states I must prove my worth or some such text.

The bankers are scowls to me as are all the various green con non merchant NPCs scattered through east and west cabilis. All the merchants are dubious as is typical of a merchant that will not sell to you.

foxhogrider
08-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I should not say ALL the merchants as there are a few merchants on the various guilded factions that are the same as the guild leaders/trainers.

foxhogrider
08-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Not sure if this will help, as I do not know what faction they are on, but the vendors in FoB con Indifferent to me. None of the other factions are indifferent to me and I have been able to use them for some time now.

Sundawg
08-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Please give me the name of one of these vendors in FoB that con indifferent to you, and then the name of one of the vendors in east cab that con dubious to you. Thanks.

foxhogrider
08-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Kunark Necromancer spell vendor for 51+ in West Cabilis is Lithriss Frizen.
In East Cabilis most of the vendors are Klok Something such as Klok Grots.
The bankers are both Kolks, Klok Margar and Klok Rakra.
Outside in Field of Bone one of the merchants that con indif is also a Klok, Klok Naman.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

Sundawg
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
You (and everyone) being indifferent to the Kloks in FoB is a bug. Fixed, pending update.

Lithriss Frizen should be on necro faction. Fixed, pending update.

Why you have bad cab merchant faction is beyond me. The quest looks correct and is giving positive cab resident faction.

If others have the same problem let me know.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Fixed, pending update.

I like seeing this

foxhogrider
08-30-2012, 08:43 PM
What faction are the merchants in FoB supposed to be on? I believe there are also iksar merchants in WW, LoIO, and Swamp of No Hope that may also be on same faction. Is there a way to see if Cabilis Residents faction is a bigger range of faction in the "Scowls" category than other factions? For instance, I found an old post (can't remember where) that said some factions begin at -2500 instead of -1500 in the scowls category and therefore take longer to get into threatening and then once in threatening they are all the same up to ally or whatever the max faction is depending on race/diety combination. Either way, thanks for looking into this. Cyphyn is my character that I am doing this with and he is a Gnome Necromancer with Bertoxxulous as his diety.

Leftoverture
08-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I've been able to hit dubious with merchants (bankers) without alot of work as an agnostic human monk. Don't see any reason you'd be lower with them than others you've listed :(

Any confirmation that you can keep raising other factions if one is maxxed?

foxhogrider
08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
It is frustrating, I am more liked overall in Cabilis now than even Akanon aside from the fact that the residents are still scowls. Go figure...hopefully something is discovered about it soon for everyone. Makes trashing VS faction no big deal if you are willing to put in the work to make Cabilis a real option for Kunark.

foxhogrider
09-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Another thing I noticed is that the merchants with each of the different guilds are on the Residents Faction and not it's corresponding guild. Just wanted to let you know since you are looking into these factions.

aresprophet
09-01-2012, 01:42 PM
You (and everyone) being indifferent to the Kloks in FoB is a bug. Fixed, pending update.

Lithriss Frizen should be on necro faction. Fixed, pending update.

Why you have bad cab merchant faction is beyond me. The quest looks correct and is giving positive cab resident faction.

I got my shadowknight to Kindly with troopers and the merchants/bankers inside Cab are still at Scowling.

foxhogrider
09-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Just handed in 15 more stacks and still scowls to residents. I think I'm going to stop handing in for now. If it is discovered that you just have to turn in this many to get ther than so be it, I will start turning them in again. It just seems wrong that the resident faction is that far lower than the rest.

Boilon
09-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I have been doing some faction farming and I will also add that the above is probably right. Done MANY stacks of bonechip and my Cab merchant action really hasn't budged but all the other ones have. Find it hard to believe that the merchant faction is that much slower than the SK's when in every other city the merchant faction is the first to max out.

Boilon
09-02-2012, 02:07 AM
after reading some posts on the Cabilis Residents faction page on Allakhazam (ZAM) it seems like this happened a bit as well at some point in live....

RE: Banking/Crusaders
QuoteReply
# Mar 05 2001 at 12:08 PM Rating: Default

I have been doing these faction quests for ages now and sad to say this is where I stand at the moment: Troopers - Warmly, Crusaders - Apprehensive, Necro guild - scowls, Swiftails - Amiably, SK/Shaman guild apprehensive, merchants - dubiously and the rest of the cabilis residents scowls (including the bankers). /sigh looks like a lot more work or I am missing something here.

Is It Possible to Bank Here?
QuoteReply
# Mar 19 2001 at 11:01 AM Rating: Default

I am a dark elf necro, and I have spent the last 2 weeks getting Cabalis faction. I killed the Iskar Bandits to enable me to get the bone chip quest and also to gain Brood faction. I have tracked down and handed in just over 6000 bone chips (and I kept a pretty accurate record). My current factions are: Legion (Warmly), Mystics (Amiable), Crusaders (Aprehensive), Swiftails (Amiable), Brood (Aprehensive) and Resident (Scowling).

I was under the impression that DE necros started at -2000 faction with the Residents, so I should be into Dubious by now, but the bankers are still Scowling. This is absolutly infuriating. What the hell is going on here? Is it even possible to raise faction with the Residents? If so, how far off am I?

So it would seem that other people were having this exact same problem with Cabilis Resident faction in live... any other word?

foxhogrider
09-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Just discovered that when I am in Lich (skeleton) form I am Warmly to all factions except Residents which actually increases to amiable. Seems like a huge boost in faction due to illusion. I am not complaining at all since with it I can completely use all of Cabilis. The reason I bring it up is, perhaps looking at the way this illusion interacts with residents faction may show what the faction levels should be.

happyhappy
09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Skeleton Illusion is a neutral illusion, it neuters the racial check, works like this in every town. All this says is that resident are racists, in game terms, not like ... you know what I mean.

There are factions that won't put up with your race or deity, this is not new, you aren't meant to be able to do everything everywhere.

foxhogrider
09-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Running through East Cabilis and it appears the merchants inside the Shaman guild all called Vessel Something are scowls (dubious) to me and I believe they were on shaman faction on live. You fixed the necro merchant so just wanted to give you the heads up that these may need fixing as well. Thanks again.

Sundawg
09-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Running through East Cabilis and it appears the merchants inside the Shaman guild all called Vessel Something are scowls (dubious) to me and I believe they were on shaman faction on live. You fixed the necro merchant so just wanted to give you the heads up that these may need fixing as well. Thanks again.

Those merchants around the shaman guild are correctly flagged as CabilisResidents except for Lord Vizaroth who should be on CrusadersofGreenmist.

Fixing him, pending update.

Droog007
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM

I have the same problem. I'm up to kindly or warmly with Troopers and still KOS to residents / bankers / merchants.

You say the quest looks correct - do you mean that it's as correct as it was prior to the 11/29/2000 patch? (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001129.html), or correct as in I should be making latent progress with my Cabilis Residents faction even after I max out with Troopers (if I haven't already)?

Has anyone dug their way out of this yet? I'd love to know that there's some way to measure this - i.e. once you're amiable with Crusader Soandso, you're about 10 stacks of chips away from breaking out of scowls with Residents.

Edit: Also - are there merchants somewhere in Cabilis that are correctly on a faction other than Residents? I just want to sell and bank, damnit! (bank: check)

Edit2: Is there any chance we could SEE the "faction chart" for CabilisResidents, like we can see for QeynosCitizens in a similar thread?

Sundawg
04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
I think you just need to turn in more bone chips.

Edit: Also - are there merchants somewhere in Cabilis that are correctly on a faction other than Residents? I just want to sell and bank, damnit! (bank: check)

The "keeper" type NPCs are merchants on necro faction, off the top of my head.

Edit2: Is there any chance we could SEE the "faction chart" for CabilisResidents, like we can see for QeynosCitizens in a similar thread?

I'd never post it, because its against the "spirit of discovery" that was a big part of classic EQ philosophy. (hidden mana numbers, etc. old EQ devs made references to this philosophy more then once back in the day)

But thats just me, others may have their own opinion and do otherwise.

Buellen
04-04-2013, 02:46 AM
hey just chiming in

back in live shortly after velious was released < 2 or 3 week> I decide to see if i could walk freeely and bank freely at cabalis. i was 55 dwarf paladin.

got to dubious with cabalis warrior <ie guards and warrior guilds>

turned an ungodly amount of bonechips didnt keep track after 20 backpacks

*** I distincly remember that cabalis residents in particuler bankers didnt not turn to dubiuous until after crusaders greenmist <sk guild> did monks and shaman factions had turned todubious or better before Crusaders Greenmist. even after bankers would let me bank i was still kos to necromancer guild faction. ****

I found it strange that as a dwarven paladin that Crusaders greenmist would tolerat me in their city before Cabalis residents.

Buskier 32 Human cleric follower of Rodcet Nife 199skill blacksmith