Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Banned

U have my pumice
Old 09-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Evil will have the best bind spots for Lguk and Solosek. Goods will probably level in OOT and Perma.

Not sure what can be done about same team disputes. Aside from KS and training, which means this server would have to have no rules. If everybody is KOS against each other it may as well just be FFA. So the best solution is to have no rules. Then it will just be nothing but a train fest server, Like Fansy the bard.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Banned

Team good claiming swamp and lavastorm because this is MURICA and we preventing evil on evil civil wars
Old 09-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will definitely have to be a true no rules box I think.
i'd prefer this.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Fansy was a nobody who did jack and squat on SZ. Lauranthalasa did far more damage then fansy ever thought of and yet no one even talks about her.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Kobold

Red pvp server could work but with the way it is and the way the new one is proposed to be it will end up the same. Either say fuck it and close it or try and do the right thing. Not every answer is the right answer but there is no reason why you can't try out different things to make it work better. No ill will or offense intended toward the folks running the show but if you really want a pvp server to work try some different ideas out and see how they work. You have made it clear you want classic and that is awesome for blue but strict classic rules isn't going to work for a low pop red emu server. Shake it up a bit and create something Sony couldn't...

Enforce a raid rotation for end game content, this allows separate guilds and teams the chance to prosper and be on the same gear lvl as their enemies. Does it take away from the game, yes for the hardcore player but no for the new/possible bluebie recruits.Does it add to pvp well of course because you now have tons more folks able to compete.

Speed up lvl till 35 or 40. We all know you can't really start gearing your toon till then and you end up twink food and without population or friends you end up grinding mindlessly away for hours at low lvls for no reason. Sure the accomplishment makes it worth while but at this stage I would like to think we all have done it one too many fucking time already... Am I saying this to be lazy, no I have a bard I started here and will be in the 30's the next day I can commit to playing. But were I an ogre non tapping non healing class ...um ya right gluck with that. BTW any of the high end toons plvl their alts to 35 in less then an hour so why force noobs to pull their hair out when you can get them sucked in and mid lvl ready in one day. They still have to go through the toughest lvls at our current xp rate and they still have to contend with better geared folks.

Allow some skin usage that blue can't get. I dunno rewards for pvp or actually doing good things for the community. (titles, velious/luclin item models for rewards Same stats as the classic version just prettier) Is it classic? No Is it game changing? No Will it draw people? Yes. Is it enough for blewbs to come here? Yes

Take on another GM or 2 guides for day/TZ coverage Sirken/Zade aren't around for. A few /ooc chat smack downs and some griefer teabagging or train bannings and poof fun place to play.

Point is if you only allow the negative to show without injecting some positive any server will die out. You can't even read the forum posts without trolls hitting every topic and bringing retarded arguments to places they don't need to be (yes I've fallen for a few and replied)

Throw in a monkey wrench, open mines of gloomingdeep and make it FFA pvp 1 life, make it to lvl 10 and leave the mines with some retarded title that makes folks laugh I dunno just a thought for funsies.

Again, I don't know the amount of work needed to make things happen but I would be more then happy to learn...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned

I think there should be 3 teams but don't split them up as Good, Evil, Newt.

Just make 3 teams and let people choose which team they want. Fuck call um Red, blue and Green anything doesn't matter. But just let players choose a team which is hardcoded.

This would let anyone of red transfer any class to any team and wouldn't split the world up with advantages for certain classes or restrict teams to certain race/class combo's. Make one team FFA.

Simple problem solved.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there should be 3 teams but don't split them up as Good, Evil, Newt.

Just make 3 teams and let people choose which team they want. Fuck call um Red, blue and Green anything doesn't matter. But just let players choose a team which is hardcoded.

This would let anyone of red transfer any class to any team and wouldn't split the world up with advantages for certain classes or restrict teams to certain race/class combo's. Make one team FFA.

Simple problem solved.
Wouldn't one major guild (not naming names) just form up and everyone who wants to play would just join that side? It would be worse than now, hard coded one guild.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

So if it is not going to be "classic" then what we will have is K&B all over again. Problem is, nobody liked the idea of the nexus, being able to port to different places to make access to pvp easy.
Closed Thread