Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Partly it depends on the dungeon, too. Dungeons with named that can spawn in random locations such as The Hole allow melee a little more leeway. My Shadow Knight has on rare occasions solo'd lower dark-blue /con named in there when he got lucky and they happened to spawn in an out of the way area with nothing else around nearby, permitting some fear-kiting. As such it's possible, but only just, and not something I'd call typical.

Paladins can root-joust provided root sticks tolerably well. This doesn't require a lot of space. It's very slow and not fun, but doesn't require high-end gear (fungi, haste, etc). Getting in and out of dungeons can be severely problematic for this class. Slow kill rate means working out of "safe spots" is almost mandatory, leaving them with few practical options.

Danth
Old 03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaakglith12194 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that were the case, bards would be camping dungeon named all the time. Can't say I've seen a bard camp anything named in a dungeon solo on this server even once, though that's not to say that it doesn't happen. At 60, are you able to kill lguk named like frenzy or ghoul AM?
I haven't, but I'm very familiar with that camp, and yes I think its doable. Sol A has nameds I could think of you could do that would be DB, not necessary at 60 but when they are DB still and you have enough tools to do so. I'm not saying your going to make money or its efficient, just doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Partly it depends on the dungeon, too. Dungeons with named that can spawn in random locations such as The Hole allow melee a little more leeway. My Shadow Knight has on rare occasions solo'd lower dark-blue /con named in there when he got lucky and they happened to spawn in an out of the way area with nothing else around nearby, permitting some fear-kiting. As such it's possible, but only just, and not something I'd call typical.

Paladins can root-joust provided root sticks tolerably well. This doesn't require a lot of space. It's very slow and not fun, but doesn't require high-end gear (fungi, haste, etc). Getting in and out of dungeons can be severely problematic for this class. Slow kill rate means working out of "safe spots" is almost mandatory, leaving them with few practical options.

Danth
This is more along my lines of thinking. There are ways to do it if you think outside the box a bit instead of just oh melee it cant be done like a lot in this thread have.