Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, I didn't see any evidence from his videos that indicated a working netcode or anything other than him showing old footage while under a PS2 box on PC. In of itself, EQOA will never get full EMU support.

This was discussed by Vedan and other GMs/devs before the servers closed several years ago.

I'll be happy to be wrong though.
He had quite a few working zones up...there were no enemies in them, though...and some of the zones, like PoS, weren't in. He sounds confident in being able to do it.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He had quite a few working zones up...there were no enemies in them, though...and some of the zones, like PoS, weren't in. He sounds confident in being able to do it.
Packet sniffing and discovery on the client side is impressive, but doable. Turning it into a server for full emulation, different story.

He'll need other people too, yet there's no forums/website or any mention of whether the project has a name, structure, plan, etcetc.

I guess it's 'watch this space...'
Last edited by Khaleesi; 03-30-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Old 03-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i was in beta for EQOA!
So was I. Add on modem with dial-up. Was not impressed with all the dumbed down classes. Monks with no FD, Rangers with no track, all the class defining skills were missing. The devs did not like my feedback much.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

So someone is working on EQOA emuż

Were there pvp servers?

Red99
Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I tried EQOA near the end of it's life. By the time I got to it, it was far from it's original state. It had jumped the shark like Everquest did after Velious.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So was I. Add on modem with dial-up. Was not impressed with all the dumbed down classes. Monks with no FD, Rangers with no track, all the class defining skills were missing. The devs did not like my feedback much.
I wouldn't say dumbed down, I'd say some more simplistic and some more complex. Also due to the mechanics, the game had its own feel. For example, you could cast while moving, and thus you could do many new things in this type of game, such as pull as a cleric and root mobs during the incoming - line them up for the tank to peel and let the group take them out one by one.

Casters were still pet friendly and a lot of players solod with pets, just like in EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So someone is working on EQOA emuż

Were there pvp servers?
No, you could duel, that was it. People held mini faux or mocked up arena battles, which were quite entertaining and felt 'for the people, by the people.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by qombi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried EQOA near the end of it's life. By the time I got to it, it was far from it's original state. It had jumped the shark like Everquest did after Velious.
All due respect, I think you are confused. EQOA didn't evolve or change much from it's original launch state - and certainly nothing the likes of EQ going from Velious to Luclin and beyond.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Oh that's a shame. Who would play a game without pvp? :S

Red99
Old 03-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It had an awesome in-game community...everybody I know who played it regularly still regard it as one of the best mmorpgs they've played...and it was on the PS2. It wasn't dumbed down; everything was adjusted for a faster pace. Enemies respawned about 3x as fast there for example, and groups consisted of 4 man teams instead of 6. Also, there were no direct heals, there were only HoT heals, so in a way it was more challenging. There was only one expansion and it added a lot of cool additions to the game, making it better.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
The same people who prefer blue over red99.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Castle Lightwolf - Kijaroh of Neversleep

sup sup