Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Red is your 2nd server. Send me PM'S if you want to start there and need some help. People are helpful and give out starter gear all the time.

If you haven't tried a mass PvP fight, then you dont have the full scope of how fun it can be, and you can't honestly disparage the server. Some of you, by the sound of it, tried Sullon Zek on live, which was honestly the most toxic of servers and rule sets. This Red99 is nothing like it. We're trying to make it a more Vallon Zek atmosphere, where lots of competing guilds can reign at the high end with reasonable, communicative PvP mixed in.

There are a few old SZ dudes on the server who really push the limits of what's legal on the server (and ask for really terrible changes from GMs that will never be implemented), but it's a very small crowd (albeit good and organized players).

The reality right now is: I am an officer of the dominant guild, <Holocaust >, and we are pretty actively trying to push for a changing of server culture. I'm hoping it works. And with most blue players, they're not fans of being griefed or attacked when there's clearly no chance of victory. I'm not a fan of that either. Most aren't over here.

But you guys on blue are also in a unique position to sort of usurp the old way of doing things on Red. With even a small percentage of your server, you would not only be playing a less populated server, but you'd have the influence to change this server into a format most of us have always wanted to see it exist as. It's a process, but if you dudes are even remotely interested in Red, now's the time to make a switch.

I'm betting most of you will enjoy it.
Last edited by Buhbuh; 11-05-2014 at 02:25 PM..
Old 11-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure Toop's server is up again if you're looking for some wild and crazy times...mostly crazy.

I don't think a split is even remotely necessary. The population of the servers is still a good thousand (i.e. doubling) from surpassing the population of live servers in era. So, the "over crowding" at this point is actually well under what it should be...more people and more crowding would be more classic. I guess you could argue that while the overall population is much smaller here that the population of high end raiders and 60 toons is higher than on live in era, but even still I don't think a split is needed.

Like Secrets said, my thoughts would be that if there is ever a second server it will be for a new blue server or for a custom expanded content server. Rogean has said many times that he doesn't consider a second server as remotely likely any time soon.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Get that server changed to blue rotation and we'll see you there.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My memory is a little foggy but I'm pretty sure Bristlebane had at least 4:

Club Fu, Circle of Legends, Ring of Valor, Arch Overseers, and if I remember the name right Circle of Valor?
CoL represent! BB was so stacked that we had pickup raids in PoP to get the scrub guilds flagged for things. I don't remember ever having to poopsock anything on BB.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Make a 2nd blue that has a $500 one-time fee to keep out the unemployed.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a 2nd blue that has a $500 one-time fee to keep out the unemployed.
Has good intentions, but unfortunately it won't work. Most of the "unemployed poopsockers" on this server are either rich kids who dont give a fuck and live at home still, or they receive welfare from the government for one reason or another. Both would be able to afford the fee.

I propose that people need to show pay-stubs in order to join the server.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't compare classic velious to p99 velious. Classic velious would have 2-3 guilds that could do all the content, on p99 you have something like 10-12 that can do the content. The current progression of the server has created a logjam at the top.
Uh I was just talkin bout server pop. There's probably a lot more reasons why there would never be a server split. If there was a server split, doubt it would come down to, "Well there's just too many raiding guilds"
Old 11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has good intentions, but unfortunately it won't work. Most of the "unemployed poopsockers" on this server are either rich kids who dont give a fuck and live at home still, or they receive welfare from the government for one reason or another. Both would be able to afford the fee.

I propose that people need to show pay-stubs in order to join the server.
I retired after a military career. Does that mean I don't qualify for your special concept either?
Old 11-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naprox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I retired after a military career. Does that mean I don't qualify for your special concept either?
Well, yeah, you are obviously just another welfare queen sucking at the public teat and corrupting the freedom and family values championed by our glorious hero wwoneo.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Sarnak

A new completely clean server would be the most fun and most classic IMO. Who wants to enter Velious in ez mode way overgeared with alt armies out the wazoo. Lame.

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Last edited by salimoneus; 11-05-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Closed Thread