Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's running the show over there? I'd be quite red faced if I were them.
The bean counters.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

She's 100% correct. This is, and always has been, a brutal cut-throat game.

The only non-classic change I'd like to see would be a key for all raid content, that is as difficult to obtain than the Vex Thal key was. While we sat and bitched about it when we were doing it, knowing you were one of the extreme few who would ever see the inside of that zone was a great video game feeling, and looking back on it now that's the kind of shit that made Everquest great. Now they let any schmuck who's level 55 into the place, and it's full of scum and riff-raff. There's a liquor store next to TVK and a check cashing place right before you get to Aten.

I say this as someone who's been playing here since 2010 and who's highest character is level 40 (so get your Ejac's from Mcporty!) I am a casual player now; the only way I should get a cloak of flames is by selling 100,000,000 ports until I can buy one.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Developer

VT keying was brutal first time. But after keying first char, it was easier. I keyed 5 chars for VT and helped countless others do the same.

keying instanced content FTW!!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Kobold

She would be right if this was 1999 or if it was still classic EQ. A lot of us who raided hardcore back then have no desire to get up in the middle of the night to kill raid targets. I guess that makes us casual.

Lets not forget that casuals are also the people that buy Kronos (their cash cow) and likely majority of their subs.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She would be right if this was 1999 or if it was still classic EQ. A lot of us who raided hardcore back then have no desire to get up in the middle of the night to kill raid targets. I guess that makes us casual.
It doesn't have to be 1999 for her to be right, and you are correct sir: it does make us casual players.

The important thing to remember is that there is nothing wrong with that. We just shouldn't be running around with BiS gear unless we tunnel-quested it/bought rots/supplied bloomin' onions (kidding).

EQ Live is not fun because it has evolved to "keep up with the times" and in doing so, lost its identity.

They should stop trying to be the MMO K-Mart they've turned into, and go back to being Barney's.

We, the players, should stop demanding that they modify the game to accommodate our evolving lifestyles. Modifying the game means we're not playing Everquest anymore, we're playing something "else."

I feel like this is a flaw with publicly-owned companies that deliver products that are at their core "artistic." Answering questions about design based solely off of financial incentive leads to less innovation, pay-for-experience potions and all of the other carrion-eating bullshit that now pick the bones of old Everquest.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Banned

i just play minecraft instead
Old 07-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holly is also a player on the server and a member of the only guild who gets these raid kills. DBG is a joke
I find that hard to believe. We had GM's in a guild on my favorite mmo of all time (darkfall original ) And the favoritism was beyond belief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats after you remove the majority that voted 6 mos on both servers.

The majority of everyone in the minority, were for 3 mos.

Both servers voted 6 months.
2nd on one server was now. Other server 2nd was 3 months.

Translation. They manipulated the polls to justify what they wanted to do.

Without instanced and time locked raid mobs, then both servers will just decline til another fippy and vulak.
^ the fucking logic they tried to use in their decision made me question how fucking stupid you really have to be for this to even make a little sense "if I add up all the different votes besides the majority decision , they are now the majority !?" WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bean counters.
At least this completely explains why Sony dumped EQ Next and the online division.

...if only they had cap'd server population to a set number and automatically started another server when it hit its cap- like every fucking MMO game that has come out in the last 5 to 10 years.....seriously, I give DBG's 12 months before they run this train wreck into bankruptcy
Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
She's 100% correct.
QFT
Old 07-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

what a dumb statement to make. They pretty much use the "its classic" ideal whenever they want. Yeah its classic unless we need to sell you shit, or make the serverload bigger so we can get more subs.

fucking horse shit.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

gotta respect any developer who tells casuals to F off
Closed Thread