Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default chat screen gone, now game crashes

Hello:

I installed the game on this computer a few months ago and never had any trouble with it. This is the only computer I use to play. Today I was online trying to arrange a CR and my main chat box disappeared. I fooled with my second chat window, which is very tiny and is only for battle spam, to try to figure out what was up or get some help, and now its gone.

I logged to an alt, and asked for help from others. The chat on that alt worked fine, just like normal. I tried the suggestions I received, none worked. Here is what I tried:

-reloading game
-rebooting computer
-using another internet connection
-pushing several of the Fxx buttons that were recommended with me
-pushing alt + xxx several things were recommended to me
-played with lots of options
-moved the bar holding programs on windows (explorer bar?) to the extreme bottom and sides, looking for chat box within game.
-I made a macro with "/guild my chat is broken, please confirm" type message and went to alt, and the chat did go though somehow, so I was online and able to communicate.

I logged back on an hour later to try to fix it (or see if it fixed itself) and no change. So I decided to go to options and try loading in full screen, thinking I could find the box. The game crashed, and now will not open, computer restart was no help. The picture attached at the bottom is what I see when I try to open the game now.

Any advice?
Attached Images
File Type: png eqerror.png (9.3 KB, 41 views)
Old 08-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Reppy Send a message via AIM to Reppy Send a message via Yahoo to Reppy

google you error and see what you get
Old 08-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

I searched for forums for that error, since its named, and was not able to find it. Google search also no help.

I'm a lot more worried about the first problem, really, because it seems really out of line and nobody had heard of it before. I'm also currently in a dangerous place, alone, and I'm worried about logging in to try different configurations.

The chat window issue seems very minor and fixable with a combination of button pressing, Im just ignorant as to what combination to press
Old 08-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

Update: I went into EQclient file and changed the "windowed" from "FALSE" to "TRUE" and now it launches again! So second problem fixed, it was an issue with the running in window mode. That still does not address my initial problem though. Camping for now
Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go into your everquest directory and rename or delete these files:

eqclient.ini
UI_charname_project1999.ini

^ replace charname with the name of the character you were having problems with.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-12-2015, 06:24 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok since you fixed the window issue, don't delete eqclient.ini. Just delete/rename the UI file.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok since you fixed the window issue, don't delete eqclient.ini. Just delete/rename the UI file.
Thanks! This worked on the first try. I've been messing with this on and off all afternoon

If anyone else is looking to fix this problem, I renamed it by placing an "x" on the end of the current file (so I could go back if it didnt work) and when the game loaded, it worked like normal. Only changes were that I had to reset my chat boxes from scratch, but that took like 20 seconds. Macros, spells, everything else was right where I left it.