Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you are looking for Luclin, you are on the wrong emu. There are other emus where you can experience that content. You could also check it out on live.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Large Bat

+1 for AA's and Beastlords!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Orc

If I log in and see Beastlord as an option I will nerd rage so hard, my keyboard might just end up in the sink.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are looking for Luclin, you are on the wrong emu. There are other emus where you can experience that content. You could also check it out on live.
Where are these emu's?
Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Would love it if we saw SoL here. Shits classic.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biggest problem with p99 is an over-leveled population base without a broad enough content spread to free up low end raid content. People a who hit the level 60 mark have a choice between engaging in the poop sock or shelving their mains. Velious sort of helped, but you still have guilds locking down epic mobs and kunark Dragons that have been farming this content for 3-5 years.
This will be fixed when they come out with the new blue server, until that server reaches end-of-life. With an accurate timeline we will be gifted the most classic EQ experience available anywhere, through at least a couple years after Velious is released.

There is a good reason why Haynar and the others aren't planning on playing until that time. By then most all the bugs will be worked out, so very little for them to do dev-wise, and they will be able to experience playing truly Classic EQ.

I for one am very much looking forward to that day.

Also, please donate to Project1999 if you have not already. These guys work their asses off as volunteers, to strive towards the most Classic EQ experience possible:

https://www.project1999.com/index.php?pageid=donations

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 01-29-2016, 12:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

If you are looking for SoL expansion this will not be the place but, there is a p2002 server. last time I looked at it I think there was a whopping 29 players online. So I think most people agree that luclin was not classic or what they are looking for in EQ as stated above it was the beginning of the end of EQ.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

As I said, luclin is what killed PVP-team. I hate it for this reason...
give me a human useable greenmist and a vah shir shiled to murder to steal her nightly and I won't regret anything from luclin
Old 01-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Its not that alot people dont think luclin is classic its that there isnt a good dev team to stand behind it if it were to release on any other server. P99 has some good dev and gms.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin has glorious raid content. Tradeskills became more relevant. AAs brought more value to utility classes. Excellent spell additions for all classes. Great quest chains introduced (the class specific armor quests were a nice concept but the rewards absolutely blew).

All in all, it's top 2/3 expansions for EQ.

Nothing holds a candle to PoP however. Hands down best EQ expansion ever.
Closed Thread