Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea game is so hard im literally BiS every piece
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 02-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What classic EQ really has over WoW and other modern MMOs is community.

Thanks to no cross-server auto party builders, instancing, etc. You can play WoW these days and never leave the city - just queue for everything - other people on your server don't matter.
The people I know who still play WoW only do so because of the community. AKA their guild and friends, though it is true if you're a social degenerate its quite easy to raid/dungeon/pvp all sitting by yourself in the bowels of Orgrimmar.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or can sow
or port
or bound at the firepots
or incapable of typing /who druid 29 60 /who wizard 29 60
SoW just made the world more immersive. Getting a SoW back in the day as a leveling Paladin, that was like, the magic in this game is AWESOME! I can run to where I want to be so much faster! Getting a SoW was amazing!

Porting was for the rich. Leveling characters with no guild ties hoofed it.

Binding was great, once you made it to your destination!
Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Orc

the last MMO I felt even close to the same level of immersion Post EQ in was Vanguard, before patches broke things and they weren't fixed and then sony shut down the server.

The PVP server had a thriving community raid vs raid battles for content were fun and happened often, before SOE decided to merge all the servers into one. FTP never helped the game as they didn't fix the broken aspects of the game from prior patches.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Aviak

Well there is this floating out there, time will tell if it ever gets released or not. It looks and sounds like exactly what all of us want, but I will be waiting until post-release to see if that comes to pass.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/
Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigawatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well there is this floating out there, time will tell if it ever gets released or not. It looks and sounds like exactly what all of us want, but I will be waiting until post-release to see if that comes to pass.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/
Haha, fuck no. That pantheon guy took the money that this server and streamers generated and ran off with 40k of it for "personal expenses" within weeks of generating that profit.

It's a cash grab, nothing more.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArumTP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guildwars 2 is the direction that mmo's are going.
ewwww
Old 02-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agecroft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ewwww
I don't think GW2 has any real direction. First it wanted to be a b2p, then for the most part it became an f2p (microtransations + really cheap initial cost) and very much p2w, then it went back to trying to be a b2p with it's way belated expansion (I didn't even bother, uninstalled, though I closed beta it early on). hah I actually capped every class there, and every tradeskill (which they ruined later). I only played it because I liked GW1, which wasn't an mmo, but GW2 is just different and sort of lost with what it want's to be. If that's the new direction of games, it's going to be a confusing future for mmo's.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people I know who still play WoW only do so because of the community. AKA their guild and friends, though it is true if you're a social degenerate its quite easy to raid/dungeon/pvp all sitting by yourself in the bowels of Orgrimmar.
Well sure, that's the only reason to play most MMOs - including P99. At least P99 forces those degenerates to interact to level or buy/sell items (or leave the server, which is fine too).

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the last MMO I felt even close to the same level of immersion Post EQ in was Vanguard, before patches broke things and they weren't fixed and then sony shut down the server.

The PVP server had a thriving community raid vs raid battles for content were fun and happened often, before SOE decided to merge all the servers into one. FTP never helped the game as they didn't fix the broken aspects of the game from prior patches.
FTP also crippled major aspects of the game, like the actual acquisition of loot. It just wasn't worth playing under that ruleset.

But otherwise I completely agree with you. I wish they'd make a vanguard emu. It was the true successor to EQ and the only MMO that ever came close to duplicating the original experience for me.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Closed Thread