Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Banned

Default Necromancer and Holgresh Beads

So I have a pair of Holgresh beads for my 48 Necromancer...I see how being able to Life Tap at will has its uses, but it also has limitations (such as you can not summon the eye while a pet is up).

My question is - Are having the beads really worth it? The alternative is to swap them to my Monk for pulling purposes.

What class is do you think they are more useful for. Is there something I am missing or some function I am undervaluing? Seems like I have a pet up 99% of the time so I dont even use them
Old 03-17-2016, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

Once you get Splurt and Enstill you'll be root rotting more and making use of your summoned pet less. They also shine for when you need to play healer or after a wipe.

Beads are (imo) way more important for monks than necros. Stalking probes are 1pp/charge and nearly as good for a Necro.. whereas (as I understand it) a game changer for monkly pulling.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I have a 60 Necro and 54 Monk. I was only able to farm one set of beads before they were removed and because of that I choose to use them on the monk.

For pulling they have way too much utility. Not getting hit by spells or melee, being able to run mobs away from your actual location while FD for them to have their backs to you when you stand already, etc etc.

The main times I use beads on my necromancer are when I'm on a raid and I just died. When I spawn with 20% HP I'd like to be able to lich and life tap immediately. But that's really only possible if you also have a Silverwing/Druushk Soul Well staff, for mana free tapping. I suppose you can lich down to having deflux mana before dying right after a red but that isn't extremely efficient.

Right now I carry 4 stalking probes on my necromancer, and I burn 2-3 charges after each death to staff click my eye and get moving again quickly. I also ask random monks on raids to click their beads.

Holgresh beads would really just end up saving me bag space. The probes recharge for about 1 platinum and have 5 charges each. You just have to visit a bank/vendor every week or two and you're good.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Aviak

Swap to monk unless you can have the VP necro staff which gives a free clicky life tap over time

EDIT: Wrote before reading Daldaen's answer. Am in line
Old 03-21-2016, 07:12 AM
Sarnak

Monk for sure. You'll get far more use out of them as a pulling tool.

One of the issues with the eye is the crazy agro range they have; wont use them in alot of places espcially after a wipe as re-wiping your raid/group doesn't do you any favours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread