Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dick move dude.

now there is almost no point having the HBO app installed on my PlayStation 4 and I already had to choose it over the fallout 4 dlc to fit on the 128gb drive
What's a dick move?
Old 05-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think I was the most disappointed with the Dany scene where she was rallying the dothraki troops and most of the shots looked like they were just a handful of dudes. 1000 ships? Try a dozen or so for them and the horses. The scene should of felt epic, instead it was like a bunch of guys cheering in a sports bar.
http://i.imgur.com/51W8emP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tVlzZui.jpg

What happened to stuff like this?
http://i.imgur.com/934qSxm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tTUTNkf.jpg
The problem is not the effects but that the levity of the speech is completely flat.

How many times have we already seen Dany giving a battle-speech like this? It has to be at least six or seven.. How many times have we seen Arya in a training montage of some kind?

Both of their story lines need a shot in the arm.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is not the effects but that the levity of the speech is completely flat.

How many times have we already seen Dany giving a battle-speech like this? It has to be at least six or seven.. How many times have we seen Arya in a training montage of some kind?

Aryas makes sense though - it takes time to become a world renowned assassin and she isn't even there yet. W/O the training taking a long time it would be really unconvincing that Arya is now a bad ass. I would love it if they end Aryas story with her disappearing into the sunset back to Westeros and then her list starts getting shorter and shorter w/o actually showing any of it...kind of like you know she is out there doing it but only hear stories about the deaths.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aryas makes sense though - it takes time to become a world renowned assassin and she isn't even there yet. W/O the training taking a long time it would be really unconvincing that Arya is now a bad ass. I would love it if they end Aryas story with her disappearing into the sunset back to Westeros and then her list starts getting shorter and shorter w/o actually showing any of it...kind of like you know she is out there doing it but only hear stories about the deaths.
Arya will kill Sally. The red god will accept that life instead of hers. Jaqen will than salute Arya and say you chose right.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Spot on here. I believe the shot in the arm may end up being Danys death.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

I'm getting the feeling Dany will fight Jon after she makes her way to Westeros. Maybe Dany is the antagonist of this whole thing?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Hello, fellow GoT book nerds. Winds of Winter spoiler. I like it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Brienne the Beauty descends from Ser Duncan the Tall. Also, it seems that GRRM will be writing more Dunk & Egg books in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-JkAJ8UGcA

If this news was already posted, sorry. In a hurry, did not read posts from the last few days.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm getting the feeling Dany will fight Jon after she makes her way to Westeros. Maybe Dany is the antagonist of this whole thing?
What makes you think she would fight Jon? The truth about the Tower of Joy (if R+L=J) will come out, Jon will find out about Aunt Dany & Tyrion will sort out the undisciplined dragons after he figures out how to train them. Maybe the new Priestess of Rh'llor can help with that. Magic + Dragonbinder? I can't think of how else they'd be able to train them and fly off to Northern Westeros to kick some White Walker ass. And I don't doubt they're going to be essential against the wights even if the Night King and his White Walkers don't seem to mind fire all that much. As we've seen on the show, they die embarrassingly fast when fighting against Valyrian steel and Dragonglass.

I gotta admit, I'm excited about how it's all going to unfold over the last couple seasons. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2016, 06:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWITME [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sickens me that the fat worthless piece of shit sam is still alive

GRRM wrote sam into the stories to represent himself. fat ugly faggot worthless cunt that will somehow survive the entire story and stay relevant.
I'm pretty sure Martin sees himself as Tyrion.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

I kinda got the sense that Martin kept Sam fat to represent himself as well. That said, I like Sam a lot. Stealing Heartsbane was the best part of this season, other than Randyll going George S Patton on him