Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:45 PM
Aviak

Either you take the 25pp or I get one of the 182 druids online who does.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

I tipped 150p to goto GD once, I didn't have a tooth, was convinced to goto Iceclad, never looked back...

True Story.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

I talked with Afeni today, and he told me his members was fine with cake slices for tips. So I am going to go farm me some brownie parts and make some cakes. This will be much cheaper than spending 50-60pp a port. Thanks for the tip Afeni
Last edited by Speedi; 02-11-2017 at 01:03 AM..
Old 02-11-2017, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I talked with Afeni today, and he told me his members was fine with cake slices for tips. So I am going to go farm me some brownie parts and make some cakes. This will be much cheaper than spending 50-60pp a port. Thanks for the tip Afeni
They should allow RMT for pastries..... id port all day long for 3 dozen cookies.....
Old 02-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Banned

i tip so well
Old 02-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

These threads are like the essence of the theory of economics. It's all in here. You could write a PhD dissertation on this thread alone.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The big problem is many new players dont just want a free port, they also want you to find them and/or wait around for them to find you. Nothing worse than sitting there 5 minutes while some guy who isnt paying is lost in the forest. I can port you in 20 seconds, its the waiting and hide-and-seek that is the bad part.

If you want a free port, the least you can do is run to the druid rings or wiz spires and wait there. Youll find druids much more charitable when you are standing there ready to go.
If I am porting I simply ask the guy if he is at the circle before I port to avoid the waiting game. If he is not there, I tell him let me know when he gets there.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Here's a tip, and a spear behind it!
Old 02-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, I'd disagree.

Ports are a luxury. There are plenty of items you can farm in low levels that higher level toons will buy off of you (crushbone belts, deathfist belts, bone chips, orc scalps, wisp stones, bear pelts). Most of these can be found very close to various newbie yards. Brand new on this server I think I bankrolled over 1500 pp (full set of small fine steel + 2 pretty good weapons, mm drums, gypsy lute and 2 5hp 55ac rings) before hitting level 18 on my bard from selling these things to other players. Some races/classes and starting areas are better for this than others - but most all newbie zones have things you can farm for plat.

Besides ... where does a level 14 need to be porting around to? 50p starter should have gotten you all the spells you NEED way past level 14. It's a pretty commonly known fact to anyone who has played EQ classically or newly on p99 with little/no resources that you should only buy the spells you intend to actually use on a routine basis.

Ports are a luxury and a convenience. Save a bit of porting cash for when you really need it - and port as infrequently as possible

Running 1-3 zones to get to a new hunting ground is classic.
1pp per level is completely out of whack with the EQ economy. I can't believe that even became a thing. It's ridiculous.

Going out to eat is a luxury and a convienence. That doesn't make it reasonable for a restaurant to expect a 50% tip.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

60p is a 20% tip for my 300 mana. 13% if I have to zone to get you. 10% if I pick you up from Velious. Worse than 6% if you want a Velious pick up and succor through SG. Last one is well over 1000 mana. Simply not worth my time to port. Hill Giants tip better and I don't kill them because they are lousy tippers.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-11-2017 at 02:50 PM..
Closed Thread