Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:41 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7 Wonders is nice. I actually play the 2-player version (7 Wonders Duel) much more often with my wife; very fun game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but the original 3-7 players is great. Once you start knowing the cards it becomes very strategic and very flavorful as well. Might fit into your "intro" games, one game can be fast (30 mins) once you get it. You need one player who likes counting points (like me). If you like it it takes 10 seconds and it's fun and np, but if all the players do it reluctantly then that part becomes tedious. It's the main complaint I've seen about this game...
I have the duel game and really enjoy it
Old 06-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Banned

Done. Sold. Just placed my order for 7 wonders for next weekends game night! Woooooooooooo!
Old 06-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hero quest anyone?
Yes please! That game is great.

Here are a few co-op games that are good fun:
"Ghost Stories"
"Space Cadets"
"Pandemic"
Old 06-22-2018, 11:05 AM
Banned

I of course have played pandemic a million times, the dice version too.. But has anybody cracked open the pandemic seasons?? That was very interesting to me, but have a hard time shelling out 50 bucks or something for a game that is only going to possibly be played once..
Old 06-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

I’m gonna pick up 7 wonders too, thanks Sioux. I love codenames and pandemic is fun as well so I’ll take your word for it
Old 06-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Ohhhh I love board gamessssss! Yesss!

I personally enjoy playing Lords of Waterdeep!

Of the last games I have purchased this one plays extremely well for a fun time with friends and its easy to learn.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can also see in the pic ZOMBIES!!! which is well, one of my fav to play when I want to idle the time away with others as we talk and drink due to it being so extremely simple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ahhh love these threads! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 06-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gimme more suggestions for our game/wine nights!! What's your favorite board game?!?! Here's our current stash! Many are not visible since they are hiding out in the shadows of other games!! I need 1 new warm up game option, and 1 main event game option, and 1, 2 player game option would be great too! Go go goooo!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFrswF9wqF5QGUc3A
Omg Love this stash! Wish boardgaming was taken more seriously down here in Panama, people online always posting these amazing pictures of boardgames in mountains and mountains of amazing playing goodness!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooo we tried to play Diplomacy at a previous board game night. For the record- Terrible game to play hours into wine/game night. We were all a little too zooted to understand the rules, and none of us took it seriously... But that games deserved a legitimate attempt soon. Thank you for reminding me Jimmy Jamm
You ever tried TWILIGHT STRUGGLE?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have only played it 2 times with someone that tried as hard as me to understand the rules, but it was a blast, specially when we began to take it super seriously, but ended up discussing the historical events more than the game itself haha. It is a bit serious of a game and 1vs1. It was a Gift and have loved it, wish I could play it more, not many people up to it, but wish I could play it again.
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 06-24-2018 at 03:13 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hero quest anyone?
B R O A D _ S W O R D
Old 06-25-2018, 08:01 AM
Banned

Twilight struggle- Own it, never played it. Can't find somebody willing to hang in there on instructions with me. Halfway through, I see the meltdown in their brains... Lords of waterdeep tho.. That game... easily cracks my top 10 of best games.. Great suggestion!
Old 06-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Banned

5 minute dungeon is my favorite modern board gMe
Closed Thread