Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude. You were in a group of 6 with 4 non-pet, non-dps spellcasters who couldn't meditate yet. And 2 melee who probably had rusty daggers and cloth armor who can't do their one great ability yet (backstab).

What in the holy fuck did you expect?
I think I was in this group and I take offense because as a halfling rogue I at least know to use a sharpening stone so my rapier is tarnished [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

XP is what it is and I had a great time sitting for hours gaining crummy xp trading stories about our EQ past. Also gave me some time to make a little money so I could buy a few backpacks for my bank
Old 10-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Tecmo is correct but for wrong reasons. You gear is irrelvent. It's the mobs your killing. Killing lvl 3 or 4 mobs as level 5s in a group is slowwwwwww. 1 yellow an hour is acceptable to me in a group, but when you're level 4-6 you gotta kill whites/yellows to obtain that kind of good XP. You can kill a blue con with 2 of you, so adding 4 more, you're still splitting it.

My calculations are way above a yellow an hour if you are killing level 4 bats at level 5. If you're just killing regular bats, which are level 1 or 2 in Qeynos.... at level 5, it's gonna be almost nothing XP wise -- Example (level 3 mobs). A Level 3 mob gives 675 XP. With 6 members in group it goes up to 810 XP.... assuming you're all halflings, all level 5. You'll need 420 of those level 3 mobs to ding lvl 6. Thats alot of freaking mobs. Change it to level 4 mobs only 234 required... etc. etc.
Gear isn't relevant. In an MMO.

Riiiiiight.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you missed the point of my original post. I'm not complaining or trying to prove or disprove anything. I'm saying that many people have asked similar questions, so it might be helpful for the staff to shoot a quick confirm because people will also stop submitting bug reports about it.

Chill out man lol, take a deep breath and relax
I didn't miss the point. I just understand that the point you're trying to make is asinine. You don't need, nor should you get, confirmation from the staff about anything that isn't a legit bug report type issue.

And, as I've said repeatedly now, if you were concerned enough about this, you'd already have done some testing and made a real post about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are some of the least penalized racial/class combos in the game.
Right. So all things being equal, they'd level quickly.

But all things are obviously NOT equal. I very specifically spelled out the main reasons why 2 clerics, 2 druids, and 2 rogues at level 4-6 will be a shitty group to earn exp.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-28-2019 at 07:03 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 07:04 PM
Skeleton

What most people are missing when comparing totally new level 4-6 characters to the high teen pet classes for levels/h is DPS. You're coming from Blue where everyone has 10/22 weapons given to them or better. Now we have 4/30. Those high teen pet classes? Their DPS is nearly the same as it would be on Blue. It is the state of the server currently.

I find the EXP to be what I remember of classic. It is slow, but doable.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Exp probably simply reduced to limit the amount of guises and stones that will be looted and ultimately (maybe) merged to Blue.

Wait until you have one month to get 60 and be able to get on /list for fungus staff.
Last edited by Izmael; 10-28-2019 at 07:20 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear isn't relevant. In an MMO.

Riiiiiight.
It's not relevant for what you're bitching about in the post I quoted. You can only kill as many bats as are available. If you have full twink gear and are grouping 4-6 halflings killing level 3 blue bats its still going to take you HOURS to get a level, the problem isn't that they have no pet classes or no gear, it's that they are killing ridiculously low level mobs expecting to get fast XP.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Exp seems right to me

*Blue Server*
Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)
*PQ*
Kelliam Shadowscale (57 Iksar Necromancer)

Old 10-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not relevant for what you're bitching about in the post I quoted. You can only kill as many bats as are available. If you have full twink gear and are grouping 4-6 halflings killing level 3 blue bats its still going to take you HOURS to get a level, the problem isn't that they have no pet classes or no gear, it's that they are killing ridiculously low level mobs expecting to get fast XP.
Ahh, my bad. I was confusing that poster with the op I think.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just want to throw in that 2 hours at level 3 to get 1 yellow in a group was ... interesting.

Level 3 cleric
Level 3 int caster
Level 3 int caster

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dunno whats more sad, that crappy exp or that people are sitting there doing it.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I didn't miss the point. I just understand that the point you're trying to make is asinine. You don't need, nor should you get, confirmation from the staff about anything that isn't a legit bug report type issue.

And, as I've said repeatedly now, if you were concerned enough about this, you'd already have done some testing and made a real post about it.

Right. So all things being equal, they'd level quickly.

But all things are obviously NOT equal. I very specifically spelled out the main reasons why 2 clerics, 2 druids, and 2 rogues at level 4-6 will be a shitty group to earn exp.
How on earth does a simple question on a forum get you so wound up? It's a 20 year old video game on an emulated server, you should take a deep breath every now and then.
Closed Thread