Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogusMeatFactory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played as an Erudite during launch of Everquest. Yeah... it was that bad.
Played a Dark Elf and Ogre at launch, and can say unequivocally (at least for those starting zones) they definitely were not this bad. I think OP is on to something here.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This site has a lot of classic shots of Nek Forest. I don't think it's too far off on Green presently?

https://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/htm/us/chap001.htm

Also not a bad read either.
So glad you linked this, some of the most classic shit I've read in years! Kill Stealing, high levels swooping named camps, intentional training in the name of role playing... seems like the wild west. English is obviously his second language but I wish we had more players documenting their adventures like Uenaelar-
Old 01-08-2020, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Vision is harsher here because it was done using shaders. Best they can do
Old 01-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This site has a lot of classic shots of Nek Forest. I don't think it's too far off on Green presently?

https://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/htm/us/chap001.htm

Also not a bad read either.
VERY far off green. Take the shot of Feerrott: https://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/htm/us/chap020.htm

In current green/teal, you can barely see the top of the ramps from the bottom of them on those temples, much less from 10's of yards away. It's absurd.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VERY far off green. Take the shot of Feerrott: https://uenaelar.forumauberge.com/htm/us/chap020.htm

In current green/teal, you can barely see the top of the ramps from the bottom of them on those temples, much less from 10's of yards away. It's absurd.
Try posting this in the classic darkness thread, you might find you're listened to.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why do you take a screenshot on greal with ultravision and daytime to compare.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So I have an older copy of the EQClassic server code and logged into that for a quick comparison. Both screenshots were taken standing on the log outside of Neriak looking towards the city entrance, at roughly 5pm Game Time, with Clip Plane set to Max. The only difference is it's raining in the P99 screenshot (because it's constantly raining in Nek Forest for some reason) but from what I've seen the rain doesn't change anything since the clip plane is so low to begin with

Classic Trilogy Client
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P99 Titanium Client
Old 01-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimm0thy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I have an older copy of the EQClassic server code and logged into that for a quick comparison. Both screenshots were taken standing on the log outside of Neriak looking towards the city entrance, at roughly 5pm Game Time, with Clip Plane set to Max. The only difference is it's raining in the P99 screenshot (because it's constantly raining in Nek Forest for some reason) but from what I've seen the rain doesn't change anything since the clip plane is so low to begin with

Classic Trilogy Client

P99 Titanium Client
Current settings are based on a combination of default eqmac values and classic era screenshots. If you find a classic era screenshot with a clear reference point, I’d be happy to adjust.

Screenshots from a current trilogy client won’t be accurate as the max clips are controlled server side.
Last edited by Telin; 01-09-2020 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-09-2020, 02:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current settings are based on a combination of default eqmac values and classic era screenshots. If you find a classic era screenshot with a clear reference point, I’d be happy to adjust.

Screenshots from a current trilogy client won’t be accurate as the max clips are controlled server side.
Interesting, wasn't aware the clip plane was configurable like that. I'll see if I can find any classic era screenshots because nektulos at least is way to dark and the clip plane is far to low
Old 01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok so here's what I found quickly using the wayback machine
Also if you want, this is from the March 15,1999 Screenshot archive https://web.archive.org/web/20010201..._archive.shtml

Official EverQuest site screenshot, Nektulos Bridge

P99 Nektulos Bridge
Closed Thread