Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:41 PM
Large Bat

There's a racist "working on the rails" joke in here somewhere, but it's not Racial Slur Tuesday, so I'm not going to bother trying to find it.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inc 50
Make that $100. Get them rails, son!
"People that are positive and help others make me want to finally turn completely to the dark side. Just like those girls in high school with the 5.1 gpa and all of their free time spent with old people. Those girls are what we call "car wreckbait", because they always get killed by drunk drivers right after graduation. So always aim low in life, because God hates perfect people. "

Dezibelle: 50 HIE Cleric
Old 04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

lol epic:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

interesting in the beta of the newest EQ2 expansion was an NPC where you could get some new armor for beta-testing; you actually had to ask him for ph4t l3wts lol

another one:

Charm a griffon. Tell it /pet sit down. Laugh. Incidentally, this also works with numerous other mobs. Go ahead, have a charming day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

please someone gonna try it i wanna know what happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nedala; 04-15-2010 at 12:06 AM..
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Kobold

So wait Rogean if we donated to get those things overnighted we will have eq Friday?

Edit: Just donated 20 anyway. Might not be much but better then just watching.
Last edited by Chucck; 04-15-2010 at 12:43 AM..
Old 04-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

How close are we to our goal for rails? How much more is needed?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How close are we to our goal for rails? How much more is needed?
$140 + 2 (unk) donations. Probably ~ 35-70 off
Old 04-15-2010, 02:36 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update 2, April 14th
Due to the data center being out of stock on equipment needed to rack the server, the server may not be up on Friday. It's about a 50/50 chance the server will even be up on Friday, at which point I doubt it will be in the configuration I need it to be for the network setup which will require additional coordination with the data center. At this point, it is a best case scenario is it will be up by Midnight Friday, but more likely Monday or Tuesday.
I blame France.

-Somewhat
Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

awesome the sooner the better, i just found out about this server and cant wait to try it ... its been years
Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

I'll make the wife put in 20. She has the paypal acct.

On another note, why are rails needed to power a server up anyway? I suppose they are picky about the way servers are setup while running. Understandable but flexibility for a temporary situation would have been nice too.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:04 AM
Fire Giant

A pretty good/standard policy for this sort of thing is you don't put shit online unless you can do it right. i.e. don't throw a server on a pile of shit and plug it in just to get it online fast, you put it in the rack properly before it gets powered on and turned over to whoever to use.

This prevents shit like them just setting it on top of the server below it in the rack and later being like "oh btw we are turning your server off today to actually put the rails on it cuz now we need the space"... And then there being massive amounts of QQ.

IT people tend to be lazy as shit (at least the ones that don't suck) and thus if they don't do something right initially it tends to sit undone until there is actually a neccessity to do it right lol.

Anyway if everyone here donated what they said we should be p close to enough for the rails.
Closed Thread