Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Banned

only Maintank (Dojii) can save the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj9WZ...feature=relmfu
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Banned

jesus what did i just find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATDPZjUcEXM

cast?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiegi 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
epics will save server, yup
pop will return to 300+ for sure
Old 09-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Large Rat

tottaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalBlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tottaly and utterly meaningless when we all have multiple free accounts. There was a reason why early SZ and DAoC restricted your account to one team/realm each.

"zone control" lol. If you were evil, Nihilum (or whoever) would log on their good toons to destroy you. If you were good, they'd switch to their evil accounts to destroy you.

Now if they somehow restricted every individual player to one account/team each, then yeah. But thats never gonna happen, and therefore "teams" is a non-issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this IS a "I love classic" EQ board, I'd thought i'd share that EQmac (Al'kabor server) has recently released its first update in years and has been given a intel based client that takes care of soooo many lag/video/etc issues we've always had.

Raided in Plane of Water last night (plane of super lag..) and did/beat the Corinav of Water event where before lag got so bad people were waiting for 10 seconds just on spell gem refresh. Now, everyone turned up full graphics/new models and Corinav was punked in a tottaly lag free enviornment... I know a few of your come from Al'kabor so I thought i'd share. Its like a whole new game (technical wise, still same old early PoP data).

This "classic" server was in danger of extinction since the new Mac OS would not run it, so this new client is a server lifesaver.

http://www.eqmac.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10782

edit: and yes thats Hobart as in "Hobarts War Helm" from Vulak, he is still around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can happen.

Also, having a greater level range means you have to be responsible towards a bigger slice of the player base. You are a level 50 wiz who starts KSing the mobs of a lvl 42 SK? SK waits off in a corner until you are low on health and rushes up for the HT. OR, a lvl 46 druid runs up and attacks you after you've bullied said SK... SK jumps in and help the druid finish you.

A lvl 42 anything could even just come back after you've ran him off and dispel your SoW, and dispel the snare on your mobs that you are quading (in the wiz example) and basically mess you up.

I think it also keeps people "nicer". On blue servers, its common to just tottaly ignore other people. Here, you ignore them at your peril.

I kinda almost want no level ranges, but the "dynamic" level range can work I guess.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

how does one not know how to spell these super basic words??
Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned

how does one kill the only eq pvp emu that started with 700+ players?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned

This thread was a good quick read. Thanks for all the hard work pals.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

He prob as bad at pvp as he is at spelling or trolling
Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

i miss the old arzak. this is from the old spear of the nation recruitment thread.

Quote:
Yep there was a need for this type of guild. Just look at the other guild options so far most (not all) leave a lot to be desired.

Guild is growing fast for release people, if you don't want to spend your EQ time in game listening to fart jokes, or hearing about your guild leader's latest raid training, or the minutes of his weekend Klan rally, this is the guild for you.
Last edited by KefkaPalazzo; 09-26-2012 at 10:47 AM..
Old 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Large Bat

Sounds like this "arzak" fellow has been in all the right guilds and you are all jelly.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Closed Thread