Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I've seen anything like "Train the shit out of each other in VP". Everything I've seen has referred to it being a grave warning to people who might have entered VP before they were ready. Maybe your experience on classic leaned more towards no rules whatsoever, but here we've already had Anthrax tossed for looting an item that was rotting (or maybe it wasn't) Adriana for that sketch eyeball ruling, and the memblur ruling fiasco. This server isn't classic but it strives to be when it can. In this instance I think removing the no CSR involvement policy does nothing but benefit the server.

I don't even think VP with rules would be worse than Hate/Fear because most times raids would be at the ent or up above in picture room and be unlikely to have adds, insread of the usual shitshow in hate/fear where accidental trains are much more prevalent.
memblur ruling fiasco? are you suggesting memblur was supposed to heal targets and that getting it fixed was wrong?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Lol. Ninja looting is a p99 serverwide rule and not part of this discussion. An argument in favor of ninjalooting anywhere is stupid anyways. We are talking about 'raid disputes,' training in particular what we are talking about.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

so glad i dont have to deal with man babies over raid content. pathetic really.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

How is this currently any different from any other kill in the game? There's already accidental trains, common engagement spots (TT zoneline for Sev?), etc etc
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Ninja looting is a p99 serverwide rule and not part of this discussion. An argument in favor of ninjalooting anywhere is stupid anyways. We are talking about 'raid disputes,' training in particular what we are talking about.
No training is also a server wide rule yet you cant make an argument for it without falling on the crutch of no CSR intervention.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Too lazy to quote - concerning memblur, I'm saying it was a fiasco because it was allowed for a long time and then it wasn't. It's obviously stupid and not working as intended.
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Orc

A lot of this banter could be solved by instancing zones with high end content. That would kill the community though. All the trolls which feed off these disputes would leave. All that would be left is the rest of the server to enjoy high end loots.

Actually, that sounds pretty nice.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean made a statement about ninjalooting during the time that TMO and IB were going at it in VP.

He explicitly stated it was cheap, cowardly and low for any guild to do it.

This was during the time that TMO and IB were training each other and going for raid targets. TMO downed a few dragons (PD, etc) while IB failed to and then, when they failed to kill or stop TMO, went on to try and ninjaloot because it was their last hope of denying the loot to TMO.

So, basically, regardless of what anyone thinks or deems logical, the law was set.

You can't ninjaloot, you can't exploit, you can't go into VP and send racist hate tells to people/gms, you can't go into VP and use SEQ/MQ, etc.

training is allowed, kill stealing is allowed, memblurring is allowed (as long as it's not fully healing targets), pull stealing is allowed, etc.

(not a response to you directly, Zee, just adding.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too lazy to quote - concerning memblur, I'm saying it was a fiasco because it was allowed for a long time and then it wasn't. It's obviously stupid and not working as intended.
Aight, thought you had gone off the deep end.
Last edited by Autotune; 01-09-2013 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of this banter could be solved by instancing zones with high end content. That would kill the community though. All the trolls which feed off these disputes would leave. All that would be left is the rest of the server to enjoy high end loots.

Actually, that sounds pretty nice.
I don't mind competing, I just don't want to compete under an absurd set of rules that are completely contrary to the rest of the server's rules. I've listed numerous reasons as to why changing VP would be a boon for the server, I've tried to present the argument logically and I'd like to see some discourse opposing this position aside from typical response of "NERT CLASSERC!"
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Training during raids is different than training individually or in a group circumstance. The difference being that entire guilds can be punished for the actions of leadership + the merit of who gets the kill can also be affected.

Training outside a raid scenario is different because it does not involve stopping 20+ players from getting something that only spawns once/week-ish.

Raid disputes are limited to 3 main things imo: training during *raid encounters*, FTE determinations, and kiting.

There are raid rules for these specific things. If you don't realize this by now you are a lost cause!