Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Sarnak

Actually, you could see by post #2 where this was going. And yes it's intentional. RNF plz
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this 100%; I'm just not sure you guys do. If you guys are really so bored you'd be having invited tours to VP and leveling up chars on live to help Kanras/Nilbog with their list of stuff. Crazyeyes is my hero!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non CSR rule is to save guide resources from constantly saving stupid people that zoned in without support/raid. It wasn't to create an open pvp type battle field. Sooner or later this server will come to terms that its rules need to be tailored to what works best with a volunteer staff instead of hugging onto what was perceived as rules of the era.
if GMs hardly have time to handle the raid scene as it stands how would adding 6 more dragons in a zone with bad pathing gonna help them? Seem to me that applying the world PvE rules to VP would only stand ton INCREASE the need for GM interventions. Just my 2 lava drakes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if GMs hardly have time to handle the raid scene as it stands how would adding 6 more dragons in a zone with bad pathing gonna help them? Seem to me that applying the world PvE rules to VP would only stand ton INCREASE the need for GM interventions. Just my 2 lava drakes
thinking too narrow... they have so much work keeping the peace in the raid scene because they don't permanently ban the people doing douche moves... ban a couple people and watch the mood change from "who cares" to "shit i don't want to loose this toon". the non CSR VP wasn't for guilds to duke it out... it was because people are generally stupid and making a zone like vp seem harder than the rest meant making a real danger of loosing your gear if you want to be stupid.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs in hate do not AOE and they path much better. Like I have been saying, the main problem with a rule situation in there = AOEs.

Take this hypothetical - I go into PD room to pull, a monk in another guild is watching me and also ready to pull. Meanwhile not watching the see invis ae wurm about to path into him from behind. Just as I am about to pull it aggros him, ae fears, and kills us both.

If VP has rules then the monk in question should get suspended for killing me and not being aware.

If thats how you want it to be!
Or, alternatively, both get banned.

Eventually guilds would have to actually learn to cooperate somehow in the shitfest that is VP.

I can see why some guilds wouldn't like that eh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Btw, why is coth considered useless in VP?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:22 AM
Orc

Awesome thread would read again. A++

Back on tallon I remember growing up thinking man those blue kids finally get a whole zone on each server to experience how fun training and xp killing each other is like us red folk do everywhere. Rooting those elves fleeing from dvinn never got old.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Banned

Cant just ban everyone you dont like. You know the Nazi's wanted the Jew's banned. =p Sooner or later you just gonna make the server so vanilla it will have the pop of Red. And hell if you like that just go to Epic Emu or EQ Maz where everyone is nice and cuddly
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze513 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant just ban everyone you dont like. You know the Nazi's wanted the Jew's banned. =p Sooner or later you just gonna make the server so vanilla it will have the pop of Red. And hell if you like that just go to Epic Emu or EQ Maz where everyone is nice and cuddly
I agree, but there are bad apples. You won't convince me that all the crazy shit that goes on this server is a result of good decisions executed badly... some of them start off as bad decisions with bad intentions by individuals that if they lost the privilege to play here would only benefit the community.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, alternatively, both get banned.

Eventually guilds would have to actually learn to cooperate somehow in the shitfest that is VP.

I can see why some guilds wouldn't like that eh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Btw, why is coth considered useless in VP?

Coth'ing a whole raid takes a lot more time than just running them to the pull spot. I wouldn't say it's totally useless. It's useful for noobs who don't know the zone. I've made a point of teaching everyone in my guild how to run it though.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ninja looting is not a raid issue, but a server rule infraction and is dealt with on an individual basis.
Its funny, Rogaens Server Rules post doesn't really mention ninja looting, but it does say:

"3) Global Server Rules

These rules apply to both servers.

Training
Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player that it wouldn't have otherwise if at it's normal spawn location. The most basic form of this is "dumping" mobs near another player or party and escaping via a form of teleportation or death. Intentional or not, this is against the rules. This rule is not limited to the basic example given, as there are many different forms of training players will use. You take all responsibility for mobs that you aggro. If you are trying to escape from a pack of NPC's but there is another group in your way, do not run through them. Even if your intention is not to train them, it would inevitable cause this and you may be subject to disciplinary. It is recommended that you take the death (Your responsibility for aggroing the mobs) and request a resurrection from nearby players.

If you happen to accidentally train a group of players, please immedietely notify the staff via /petition that you have done so by accident. Apologize to the players in question, and assist them with any recovery needed. If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action)."

Then of course we have from the raid rules:

"Raid Rules / FAQ
Non-Disputable Zones
Zones deemed Non-Disputable will have no CSR interaction on raid disputes. We will not respond to or take any action on raid disputes involving these zones. Currently the only zone that this applies to is Veeshan's Peak."

I'm not looking to pull GMs into this, just looking to stir things up with this thread. So now whats the difference between a raid rule and a server rule? thanks!
Closed Thread