Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 01:34 AM
Sarnak

Default CC

Why do so many people call that they are camping something when they aren't even near the camp. And also nobody responds to CC anymore. Everything is backwards.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:46 AM
Aviak

Lodi and king camped for the next 40 days
Old 04-08-2018, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

One random day in Sebilis...

Frudrura, says ooc "CC"
Soandso, says ooc "NG"
Frudrura says, "Dude you're right here at the zone line"
Soandso says, "Yeah but we're clearing to there, just waiting on the cleric to zone in"
Frudrura says, "Where is he?"
Soandso says, "He's just getting a port from WC now"

P99 CCs in a nutshell
Old 04-08-2018, 02:24 AM
Sarnak

CC is just a courtesy, always check the actual camp after CCing.

Having said that, anyone who actually tries to defend a camp that is not technically camped is scum. Also having said that, always claim camps upon CC even if you're not there to deter the lazy ones who don't verify it.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

just take those camps over and record everything. Fuck those plebs
Old 04-08-2018, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

I personally don't even bother asking I just go and verify. Keeps ppl honest

Not in camp?
All spawns up?

Congrats it's your camp now
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Almost every time I kill something in any zone, with every mob being up and no one in the area.

"That was camped, why doesn't anyone ask?"

That's not how camps work, buckos.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 AM
Fire Giant

CC is for honest players and honesty gets you shit on p99
Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 AM
Fire Giant

Had someone get quite annoyed with me in PoM the other day. I show up at A4 and everything is down but no one is in any of the A4 rooms. Not in TwentyTwo's room, not in Halfings' room, not with Gorilla or Rat. I summon a pet and sit and wait 5 full minutes waiting for some chanter to come back with a pet or something else.

After the 5 minutes I "/ooc I've been sitting alone in A4 for more than 5 minutes now. Claiming it."

I then swiftly get a response in /ooc to the effect of "I was camping it but am just out killing other stuff now - the rest of the Alice stuff (A1-A3 presumably)".

I go on to explain that you can't just leave your camp and go kill other things in the zone while mobs are down (mobs have 72 min respawn time in PoM for those that might not know). The response is: like I'm gonna sit on my butt for 60 mins and just wait?

Umm yeah...

I then got chastised for not asking for a CC before moving in. And yeah I suppose I could have done that but honestly that would just be a way to facilitate the holding down camps without being there. If I had asked in CC the player in question would have just said "A4" and when pressed would just say "I'm omw back".

By the time the discussion was somewhat concluded more than 10 minutes had elapsed and I was still alone at A4 btw.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had someone get quite annoyed with me in PoM the other day. I show up at A4 and everything is down but no one is in any of the A4 rooms. Not in TwentyTwo's room, not in Halfings' room, not with Gorilla or Rat. I summon a pet and sit and wait 5 full minutes waiting for some chanter to come back with a pet or something else.

After the 5 minutes I "/ooc I've been sitting alone in A4 for more than 5 minutes now. Claiming it."

I then swiftly get a response in /ooc to the effect of "I was camping it but am just out killing other stuff now - the rest of the Alice stuff (A1-A3 presumably)".

I go on to explain that you can't just leave your camp and go kill other things in the zone while mobs are down (mobs have 72 min respawn time in PoM for those that might not know). The response is: like I'm gonna sit on my butt for 60 mins and just wait?

Umm yeah...

I then got chastised for not asking for a CC before moving in. And yeah I suppose I could have done that but honestly that would just be a way to facilitate the holding down camps without being there. If I had asked in CC the player in question would have just said "A4" and when pressed would just say "I'm omw back".

By the time the discussion was somewhat concluded more than 10 minutes had elapsed and I was still alone at A4 btw.
Here are server rules: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=132299

There it says:
Quote:
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off. You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.
So according to the server rules you can go kill other things while you keep the camp down. However you have to return to the camp and maintain a presence when someone else expresses their interest to contest that camp.