Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Default Project 1999 stream intro/countdown video

Hey guys, I've managed to "buy" ([You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) Sony Vegas Pro and having no previous experience with it wanted to make something (makes a change from captioning gifs).

The idea behind it, a video to promote Project 1999 to old/returning EQ players who either won't have heard of emulated EverQuest or aren't aware of P99 itself and get a bunch more people in before we launch Velious in August.

I figured it would be good for Twitch streamers as well if anyone wanted to use it for when they're starting their stream or whatever...which is part of the reason the countdown is on there. If so I'll upload it somewhere and put a link in the video comments.

My recording (using Bandicam) is more pixelated than I'd like ideally but this is a first attempt. Thinking of doing another one for red specifically and maybe some other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VjRZX4RnQ4 (2 mins)

Any feedback welcomed...some subtle comedy in there if you're looking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 05-09-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Old 05-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Aviak

That's not bad. The timer is a little out of place, but it works well enough. It might be worth it to see if someone can get you an EQ styled number set to use.
Old 05-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

cool will use this.

Sirken

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

Video is cool, but kind of dark, could you redo it with higher gamma? Also, maybe add "no boxing" in the logo.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Kobold

With the long logo at the end you could use some of that time to explain how to get started, stats on server like player population pve and pvp servers, and maybe some info to help sell it to people just coming across the game.

For your first video is not bad at all. Better then one I could do for sure. This is all ment to be constructive.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:43 AM
Banned

Love the torch zoom cuts!
Old 05-10-2015, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

reminds me of https://youtu.be/tKiR5eDeCX4

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

no more promotions

server is full, go tichondrius
Old 05-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleadar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the long logo at the end you could use some of that time to explain how to get started, stats on server like player population pve and pvp servers, and maybe some info to help sell it to people just coming across the game.

For your first video is not bad at all. Better then one I could do for sure. This is all ment to be constructive.
Yeah I thought of adding some stuff after it, some install instructions and basic advice might be a nice addition, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voland [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Video is cool, but kind of dark, could you redo it with higher gamma? Also, maybe add "no boxing" in the logo.
Yeah I'd noticed some of the scenes were a bit darker than what I'd filmed...probably not helped that some of it was filmed by "human" sight. I'll turn my gamma up for the next try [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is quite similar! It was actually based on an older version of a BBC news countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love the torch zoom cuts!
EC / EconomyQuest seems to be what brings the game together [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Will work on some improvements - Vegas is easier to use than I thought it would be...although I looked up about 7-8 different problems [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Developer

Nice editing. But for a video like this, I would recommend making it as classic as possible.

1) Max out your spell effects settings.
2) Change your sky type to complex (I recommend using the revamped version on forum)
3). Turn off new water.

:-)
Closed Thread