Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-02-2022, 05:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hence why if you don’t consistently engage in pvp in WoW you really are depriving yourself of most of the game’s actual challenge
Agreed. I think EQ is overall the better game but WoW PVP was a lot of fun. Played WoW classic relaunch that happened just before/near green launch on Herod had a ton of fun.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just dated and pop is gone, it’s as old as Eq . Great game tho and best twink system with implants.
AO was fun till patch 12.6 when they chased away 75% of the population
Old 04-03-2022, 02:03 AM
Aviak

WoW sucks.

End of line.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

EQ and WOW will always be my personal favorite games of all time. If I’m not playing one I’m playing the other.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ and WOW will always be my personal favorite games of all time. If I’m not playing one I’m playing the other.
EQ and the Wing Commander games are my faves
Old 04-03-2022, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

lots of shitters in this thread that couldn't pull off a solo DMT run if their life depended on it
Old 04-03-2022, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Vanilla WoW rogues are so much better and more fun than EQ rogues. Really fun class.

Mages also way better than wizards, but that's hardly fair since wizards in velious are complete trash, except recently in this late terminal stage p99 where people do un classic kiting and stack more copies of bane than existed in live.

Classic WoW as a whole though....i played it on release and had some fun but it isn't the same a second time around as classic EQ. The game is so on rails it's min-maxed to death. People didn't stop and enjoy the dungeons and skipped straight to clearing MC in green gear of the monkey. The on rails encounters are boring once you've mastered them.

Was an amazing game back in the day though.

EQ's infinite depth with the infinite combo of unbalanced classes and abilities, and infinite paths to take to get to an infinite number of goals gives the game much more longevity.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:44 AM
Sarnak

WoW is a more modern MMO and largely based off of EQ so can't really compare them in terms of game mechanics and polish.

The biggest difference is WoW has hardly no replay factor on your main character.

In P99 you could sink 2000 days in /played, have a nice nest egg of high end items and plat, then for w/e reason in real life you take a break. 4 years later when you come back, your 800k is still more or less valuable, your fungi is still a fungi etc..

In WoW you sink 2000 days, your main will have pretty much bis in every slot, high pvp rank and that's about it. You raid once a week, then if you don't enjoy the mindless pvp grind, your options is to start a new character at lvl 1. There's no purpose to run your raided main into instances due to non raid items being irrelevant. What's worse is if you take a 4 year break, the dude that started playing 8 months ago already has better gear than your main. This is even before EQ introduced AA.

Some people never get to see the insides of ToV and are more than happy farming their little favorite spot and twinking their 8th characters in EQ. This is why EQ neckbeards will always come back to this game, while those that take a break from WoW might never come back.
Old 04-05-2022, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Wow is fisher price everquest. About as deep as a kiddie pool
Old 04-05-2022, 09:14 AM
Aviak

I loved WoW pvp and still miss it sometimes but overall WoW is just simple compared to EQ. Instanced dungeons sucked, what risk was there? WoW itemization sucked. High end EQ itemization, specifically clickies and associated fashion is just unmatched.