Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Why did you prefer _______ video of mine?

Hope a new thread from my other one isn't too lame, but I've been wondering: why did my videos like the one in hole entrance or the one XPing on grobb guards get 5k+ views, but stuff like the group in HS west or nurga got only 1k or fewer?

Just kinda curious as I consider making some new videos. If I get motivated, I have ideas for at least 8-10 more. But my favorite videos I did aren't the ones that got the most views, so just wondering what makes you dudes tick.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

I've also toyed with the idea of deleveling back to 12 (when chanters first get charm) to record videos for 12-30 that I didn't do originally... kerra especially, but also najena and sola... cant remember where else I was before I started videos in CT.). But Im also kinda feeling like playing around at 60, so either that will need to be a new enchanter or it'll have to wait until I'm fed up with the high-end dungeons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

People want to see solo challenge videos. Especially those with loot. As for Grobb, it is super popular at times and folks love to make money while leveling.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

For goodness sake don’t de-level to 12 lol. The effort it would take to create a new chanter and do 1-12 surely is preferable to losing your level 60. Imagine if you regret. I know your de-leveled Noman would be a level 12 with great gear but still...

As for what videos get many (re?)views it’s probably hard to hone in on one explanation. But I would guess the fact that you have one video from each of the hole and Grobb and many from HS might play a part in it. Also, HS is more the beaten path so maybe fewer people feel the need to learn about that zone? I’ve personally watched most - if not all - your HS vids as I personally think they were more relevant to me as I knew I wanted to exp there.

But yeah like Canelek said, people love videos that promise exp AND plat farming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You messing around at 60, exploring and showing what a 60 chanter is capable of is definitely what I would love to see more of. SG in particular (as I’ve pestered you for in other threads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), Sebilis, VL, KC even or a cliff golem lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2018, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

those view counts make no sense. Bots?
Old 03-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

I love the HS videos.

I think maybe the easier stuff was more accessible to players that you inspired to play enchanters and they probably got rewatched a lot more while people tried to learn from you.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Aight then. I want to do some more videos soon, but since I'm bound in pom until I can at least buy/loot a blue throne and crown, I really only can do pom again (think I'll explore more and kill stuff besides aiw and puppets). Guess I could run my tunnel bard to SG and do a video of me trying to get him a shawl... Lol. What level 45 tunnel bard would be complete without water elemental illusion, after all?

Though really I don't want to do SG without rebinding inside of it I guess :-/
Old 03-25-2018, 11:52 AM
Kobold

My guess would be the levels. I suspect character abandonment on P99 is your classic bathtub curve.

If you don't mind a request, I'd like to see Sirens' Grotto.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I'll do SG. I thought I had an SG video already but it was actually just like 10 min of me exploring it before I went somewhere else. But it's gonna have to wait until I leave pom and can rebind elsewhere. Getting back to the neriad shawl spot every time I die (and die I will) will be a huge pain.

Are there free, decent video-editting programs? Would be nice if I could do a video where I fast forward through CRs and med breaks and crap so I dont run out of things to talk about and cut the movie off after only an hour.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Was binding in SG not nerfed with the removal of being able to bind in Velious dungeons? Maybe it wasn't, I haven't messed around in SG since before that nerf, I just assumed it was removed.
Closed Thread