Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RIP increased proc-rate of staff of undead legions. Like 10,000 candles in the wind. Also RoA melee isn't awful.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am tempted to say, this is actually not a matter of "balance." It is a matter of eq being quirky. You hit a level and go, wtf are these spells even for? Etc.

Unbalanced is a long-term or large-picture inbalance. Usually it becomes a consensus what the problem is, and that the designers have shit for brains.

But classic eq is just quirky. Every class has aspects that can piss you off or wonder what the point is. I think that is why the game works at one level. I think the only class that can't complain is cleric. Every other class has strange issues. But as I am suggesting, that may be why the classic game is good. It avoided the trap of making every class awesome, and made most of them kind of irritating often enough. Everything from aggro issues, to exp penalties, to spells that make no sense -- these are the decisions of designers who are not trying to deliver easy candy to dumb kids.
This. Very well put. Can't stand modern games where every class is a soloing god and no one knows their role in a group setting.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

I always liked Vamp embrace for that awkward level 8-12 for necros. With a decent weapon (sac dagger?) it works pretty well. Unfortunately it doesn't proc enough but when it does its a pretty powerful tap for the level.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Very well put. Can't stand modern games where every class is a soloing god and no one knows their role in a group setting.
...in the beginning all classes were created equal...
Old 05-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

MGB True North incoming
Old 05-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

I still use Vampiric Embrace at level 57 when killing light blues, maybe not the most efficient, but if I have a surplus of HP incoming (vexing modania) I like to hop in for a few rounds with the mob and hit them with my Visceral Dagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Can't complain when the proc fires and I get a free 70 damage or so on top of my dot stack.

Also nice against greens when you don't feel like casting but wanna beat them down with pet.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

this is how my necro melees (and looks badass !)
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1084
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=642
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my way to sneak him into an cash group pretending to be an rogue. they wont notice until its too late to kick me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Any class on here can solo to about level 20 and then it shows who are the boys and who are the men. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Why do druids have damage shields if they aren't tanks?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

why does everybody keep replying to this guy's threads D:
Closed Thread