Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624
Default canni dancing - crazy ass ticks

when trying to time my canni dancing, i'll watch my hp/mana raise before i cannibalize

it will change 3 times in 3 seconds (i'm guessing stupid UI glitch)

do i wait until all 3 hp/mana changes are complete, cast, then sit again real fast?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not a shaman, but it might be easier after the global cooldown patch to just keep 2 versions memmed and use an instant clickie between casts and go rapid fire.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

I have this same issue, the UI will randomly stop reporting ticks correctly.

My solution so far is to cannibalize between DoT damage messages -- DoTs tick every six seconds.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

thank you guys for the replies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

The ticks are actually about a second and a half off for some reason, you wait for a tick to happen, count 1 2, click your canni macro.

At level 60, You wanna do what Ele said and just get an insta clicky to spam canni. Basically you canni II, click an insta clicky, Canni III, insta clicky. I don't know if this is efficient before torpor. Seems like Canni-ing to heal yourself maybe be ineffecient compared to just traditional canni dance.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Canni dancing confirmed not classic on account of the inability to see mana pool until LoY.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Canni dancing confirmed not classic on account of the inability to see mana pool until LoY.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wrong. Canni dancing as classic as it gets. HPs tick, you stand and cast. Repeat.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Would love to see any classic reference to Canni Dancing.

Also worth noting, when meditating, couldn't see HP value, just the bar and seeing that tick was near impossible:

Last edited by Daldaen; 05-19-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Kobold

Well...this post from 2003 suggests canni dancing existed pre luclin and mounts. I canni danced back then and I'm sure other Shaman done it too :- /

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3729.html

Remember back then post lvl 35 you didn't have to stare at book.
Last edited by Rika; 05-19-2014 at 09:28 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love to see any classic reference to Canni Dancing.

Also worth noting, when meditating, couldn't see HP value, just the bar and seeing that tick was near impossible:

You can post 35. Also tick wasn't that hard to see on the bars.

Also here's classic reference to canni dancing.

Quote:
If you know how to Cannibalize properly, hit points won't fall and mana will come back fast. Most shamans know how to do this, but a ton still can't figure it out so I'll explain it.

With cannibalize memmed and regen or better on you wait for the tick (when mana and HPs go up)while sitting, then stand, cast, and sit. Keep repeating and mana will come back faster and hit points won't fall behind if you do it right. You can also make a hotkey for the whole procedure.

Remember the tick. That is when your hitpoints and mana go up while sitting or standing. More if you're sitting. If you see it tick, then cast and sit down and it will tick again and you will not get penalized for standing. If your regen is up to par with the amount of hitpoints that fall behind, then it will equal out the next tick and that will make cannibalize efficient an you won't lose hitpoints. It's all about timing and it takes a little patience and understanding. Once you get it down right and you see how much mana goes up you'll be doing this your whole experience as a shaman.
Quote:
With the new commands, the bounce regenning/cannibilize becomes that much easier.

I have /cast 6 on one hotkey (My cannibilize spell slot), and /book on another hotkey. That way just hit the /book key, and auto-meditate, then when you see it tic, press the Cannibilize button, and as soon as it fires, press the /book button again. Works like a charm. Pretty noisy though...
2001 and 2000 respectively.
Closed Thread