Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Default West TOV open raid 9/7

Hi P99ers,
After the wake of Eabons, I will be running an Open TOV raid.
We will use a public Discord server, no mic is required but you are required to be in the channel to listen to direction.

I would like for everybody to be at the TOV zone-in by 2:30PM EST, for a 3:00PM EST start.

Levels are restricted to level 60's if you want to roll on loot that isnt for your class.
However for Bards, Epic Rogues, Clerics can join us at lvl 55+.
If you are pre 60 you can only roll on loot that is for that class no alts allowed.
If you are a 60 you can have any slots for any class rolled, only restriction is one BP(any type) and one legs (any type)

Late arrivals are welcomed. Please just be aware of loot system and rules.

These rules must be read and understood. If it comes to raid day and your aren't on my loot spreadsheet, then send me a tell as you arrive at the raid. If an armor peice you wanted drops and you haven't updated me with your choice then you are not eligible for loot until I have been sent a PM or /tell in game. It is not my responsibility to chase you. If you want loot you must be proactive in ensuring I have you armor pieces noted.

If you want to attend, please send me a PM after reading the section immediately below this one. Also included are details on our loot system, which is a glorified and elaborated random rolling system designed to optimize everybody's control over what they actually walk away from the raid with.

If you're interested in coming along, send me a Private Message in the following format:

(i) Entitle your PM with your character name and your level and class. FOR EXAMPLE: "Retus: 60 Bard".
(ii) What is the likelihood you'll be able to show up this? FOR EXAMPLE: "Definitely", "Very likely", "Definitely but late approx xx:xx" etc etc
(iii) What other Level 60 characters do you have that you'd be willing to attend the raid on should there be a need for them. FOR EXAMPLE: "60 Cleric, 60 Enchanter, 60 Necromancer", "None at all"
(iv) Your loot choices: Either (a) One Primary and Two Secondaries, OR (b) Three Secondaries (SEE SECTION BELOW ON LOOT SYSTEM/RULES)

So, your PM should look something like this:
Title: Retus: 60 Bard
(ii) Definitely available
(iii) Can also come on 60 Shaman
(iv) (1): Plate Legs, (2): Chain Boots, Chain Gauntlets

Loot System Rules

We will be using a modified/elaborated "random roll" system for loot distribution.

Our loot system can be described as a PRIORITY SYSTEM (specifically, a Two Tier Priority System), insofar as each person designates or prioritizes up to three items.

Firstly, each person on the raid designates one item as their primary priority ("1") - typically the item that they most want - and two items as their secondary priorities ("2") - typically the two items that they want the next most *

When an item drops:
(i) All those who have designated that particular item as their "1" will be permitted to roll for it. If only one person has designated the item as their "1" then they are awarded it automatically by default.
(ii) If nobody has designated that particular item as their "1", then all those who have designated it as "2" will be permitted to roll for it. If only one person has designated such an item as their "2" then they are awarded it automatically by default
(iii) If nobody has designated that particular item at all (either as "1" or "2") then all raiders who have a Level 60 character that they could use that item on in any capacity are permitted to roll. Those who are pre 60, can roll on the armor that is for that toon only.
(iv) If nobody is interested in the item for any of their Level 50+ characters the item will be looted up so that it can be MQed later.
(v) Whenever somebody wins the item they designated as "1", they will no longer be eligible for their designated "2" items unless (a) those they're competing with have also won their "1" item, or (b) nobody else has designated that item as "2". That is, when you win your "1" item, you won't any longer be able to roll against somebody for your "2" items, unless they have also won their "1" item. *

And that's it. You choose one item that you want the most (one "1"), and then two items that you want the next most (two "2"s).* When an item drops, all those who have designated that they want that item the most ("1") get to compete (roll) for it, and if only one person wants it the most then they are awarded it automatically. If there isn't anybody who wants it the most ("1), then all those who have designated that they want that item the "next most" ("2") get to compete for it, and if only one person wants such an item the next most then they they are awarded it automatically. If nobody has designated the item at all, then all raiders who have a Level 52+ character of that armour type are free to compete (roll) for it. And if at any point you win the piece you designated you wanted the most ("1) you will no longer be able to compete for those items you designated "the next most" ("2"), except when those you're competing against have also won their "1" item.

Simply put, this system allows people to prioritize those items that they feel will be the best for their character. And in so doing it massively increases the likelihood that people will end up with the pieces that they actually want the most. After all, there are certain pieces within an armor type that are incredibly good for one class while being pretty terrible for another, and this system gives people the chance to set their own personal agendas. It also eliminates situations in which you roll for a Gauntlets or Arms early in the raid but then find yourself unable to roll for a BP or Legs that drop later on in the raid, due to the "one-loot-rule".

In practice, when any given item drops I will announce the names of all those who have designated themselves as "1" and "2" for that item. If there is only one person at the highest level of priority then the item will be awarded to that person automatically. If there is more than one person at the highest level of priority then after waiting two minutes I will call for a roll.

FURTHER NOTES:
You will be free to select any three items granted that they correspond to the armor type of at least one of your Level 52+ characters. That is:
(i) You CAN mix and match from across armor types, e.g., choose one plate item, and two silk; or one chain, one leather, and one plate, etc.,
(ii) All of your selections MUST be intended for a character of yours who is Level 50 or above.
(iii) Anybody found to be selling Wtov armor MQ's will be banned from these raids and reported to their leadership.
(iv) Characters under level 58 will not be eligible to win BP or Legs, unless they are for the class said, 55 cleric, 55 bard 55 epic rogue.
(v) Spot AFK checks will happen. If you are caught afk for an extended period of time without an AFK tag up you may be sin binned. Meaning you may be excluded from loot drops for a period of time (30m/1hr).

*Those who feel that they would prefer to have three secondary priorities rather than one primary priority and two secondary priorities are free to do so. This choice removes the handicap that should you win your primary priority item you are no longer permitted to compete for your secondary priorities, whilst at the same time gives you the disadvantage of not having any items at the highest tier of priority.

Tl;dr
(i) You can choose either 1 x Proirity 1 & 2 x Proirity 2 OR 3 x Priority 2
(ii) Once you win your priority 1, you can no longer win your Priority 2 until the attendees you are competing with have won their P1's.
(iii) Alts must be level 50 or above to be eligible for Wtov armor.
(iv) If your loot choices are not on the spreadsheet then you are not eligible for loot until this happens. This is not to happen as a piece drops you are interested in.
(v) All selections must be intended for YOUR OWN characters, level 50 and above. Not your mother's Cleric!
(vi) You CAN mix and match armor types, e.g: choose one plate item, and two silk; or one chain, one leather, and one plate etc.
Last edited by nothsa; 07-02-2016 at 11:46 PM..
Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 AM
Aviak

September 7th or July 9th?
Old 07-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

9th of July,
Old 07-03-2016, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Glad to see someone keeping Saint Eabon's work alive. Good luck and will try to be there.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Kobold

60 shaman will be there to slow things.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Need A warrior and clerics at the moment. I can tank most of the things just nice to have a war for the shimmers.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

I will be there. Will PM you my loot choices now!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

bump doing well need a couple of cleric and a enchanter (might have guildies coming )
Old 07-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

just realized it's at noon PST. fuck yes
Old 07-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

bump! for the awesomeness
Closed Thread