Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Default Mixed bag of questions

Hey all,

Being back in P99 for a month or so now, I have a few questions I'm hoping folks can help me out with.

- Is there any way to see a buff's original and/or remaining duration?

- Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.

- Any reason why DuxaUI puts all of my resists in plain and prominent view, but not stats like STR/STA/AGI/DEX?

- In EQ2, body pulling gets a lot less agro from surrounding mobs. Is this the same in EQ1 (P99), or can I fearlessly pull with arrows.

- Is there an easy way to target a person in a crowd?

- When I swap from fullscreen -> windowed -> fullscreen mode, my view is slightly screwed up unless I reload duxaui. Any clue why this happens, and if it can be prevented?

- Sometimes when fighting cats (puma/plains cat) I get a bad echoing of the "ARGH" sound when I'm hit...any idea on that one? I've had it happen numerous times with cat mobs, but never that I remember with any other mobs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

- Is there any way to see a buff's original and/or remaining duration?

No, that was taken out.

- Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.

Yes. I forget what the shortcut is to show/hide that. ctrl+L, maybe?

- Any reason why DuxaUI puts all of my resists in plain and prominent view, but not stats like STR/STA/AGI/DEX?

Duxa should have your STR in the player window (where you can see what your current weight is). As for the rest, I have no answer since I didn't make the UI. You should find all of those in your inventory window, anyway.

- In EQ2, body pulling gets a lot less agro from surrounding mobs. Is this the same in EQ1 (P99), or can I fearlessly pull with arrows.

You should experiment...buuuuuut generally you have to use either harmony/lull or sneak+throw to get a chance at a single pull. Body-pulling tends to get more than one, just like if you throw or cast without doing anything to lower aggro range.

- Is there an easy way to target a person in a crowd?

Couple of ways. /target name might be the easiest. Thanks to our unclassic client, you can also tab through everyone in sight if you bind 'cycle through nearest PCs' to a key.

- When I swap from fullscreen -> windowed -> fullscreen mode, my view is slightly screwed up unless I reload duxaui. Any clue why this happens, and if it can be prevented?

I've never had any trouble switching back and forth repeatedly.

- Sometimes when fighting cats (puma/plains cat) I get a bad echoing of the "ARGH" sound when I'm hit...any idea on that one? I've had it happen numerous times with cat mobs, but never that I remember with any other mobs.

Usually this happens to me when I'm stunned. I've also had everything echo when I'm in a cave-like zone.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 04-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

- Buffs timers were patched out, no way to see them.
- F11 shows/hides the latency meter.
- Just designed that way I presume.
- Depends on the type of mobs. Some assist their fellows, some don't.
- /target name can make a macro if you're targeting the same person repeatedly.
- Full screen and windowed modes have separate settings for resolution and such, so if you don't set them up the same way separately, they can do funky things with the game UI windows.
- The echoing "ARGH" happens if you've been stunned.

Good luck on your adventures!
Old 04-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a ping meter? I thought I remembered one from when I played 15 years ago, but I can't find it now.
Server ping? F11 toggles that.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Thanks everyone! (that was fast)
Old 04-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Turn down the sound "realism" or whatever it is to lose that echo.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golaniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reroll ogre to prevent being bashed from the front [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2016, 02:11 AM
Aviak

You can also target someone who /tell you by hitting 'Ctrl+t'.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

I have the command to cycle through npcs set to tab, and the command to cycle pcs set to ~, so that helps. I also have a hotkey that is just /target [player] in case i am dealing w a spazzy wizard that often needs immediate help or an aggressor in the zone that i know might pop in at any time looking for trouble.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Aviak

Does the "realism" have any noticeable positive effects? If I remember right, when I logged in the first time it was turned way down, and I think I turned it up thinking "realism sounds good to me!"
Closed Thread