Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I supposed to feel sorry for Mattdog64 that he started playing on a server without apparently reading the rules of conduct on the server, broke the rules, and got busted for it? I can't tell from his posts.

I mean, damn, when you visit www.project1999.com and you're like "Hells yeah, I want to play me some old-school EQ!" and you're like "How do I get this started?" and you see the link over on the left that says "Getting Started", you click it and come to this:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

3) Global Server Rules

2+ Boxing
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
Language, Profanity, Harassment
Training
RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales
Naming Policy

It's like you had to purposely ignore the global server rules. So you're saying it's okay for someone to exploit or 2-box if they say "Oh, I didn't know it was against the rules."? Come on, man.
No, I am saying that silver bullet the cause, not wait "secretly monitoring" your player base for three months. You ban the seller instantly killing the cancer. You do not wait for the seller to make loads of cash over three months, this in itself is so backwards I can't even think of a logical reason for doing it except that you can and you want to flex your "digital muscles" at your players expense.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdog64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I am saying that silver bullet the cause, not wait "secretly monitoring" your player base for three months. You ban the seller instantly killing the cancer. You do not wait for the seller to make loads of cash over three months, this in itself is so backwards I can't even think of a logical reason for doing it except that you can and you want to flex your "digital muscles" at your players expense.
So, you know that buying plat is against the rules. You know that you can get banned for it. You're not upset that you got banned for it, you're upset that they waited so long to do it?
Old 03-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

all you people that got banned:

fuck you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you just began the server and needed help figuring out how to install it, considering you have a slim chance of figuring it out on your own, usually you go about doing so by using the guide in this link:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

Now, mind you, I hear what you are saying, and it isn't that I don't care, but if you look at the bulleted list at the BEGINNING of the guide, it has somewhat of a 'Table of Contents' that gives you an idea of how to navigate the thread and find the information you are looking for. Clearly, you can see a few of the listed points as a LINK, which used to drop you down to said portion, but alas the links are just leading back to the forum homepage... but regardless, let's all assume you aren't an idiot, because we like to give new friends the benefit of the doubt.

Let us scroll down to the second post made by Rogean in the thread, which is the post highlighting our current conversation.. it is listed and bolded/underlined as

3) Global Server Rules

Underneath it, you can find a list of the server rules, one of which includes:

RMT (Real Money Trade) Sales

If you take a moment to read the couple of sentences underneath it, I believe you will find your warning you are looking for. This:

"Any trading of any in-game objects for real life currency, including but not limited to coin, items, and characters, is not permitted. People caught performing these transactions will have all characters involved banned."

Now for my thesis, I know I said earlier that it wasn't like I don't care, but I think I can safely say that the majority of us playing on this server DO NOT CARE.

Have a good one... In fact, let me rephrase it. Maybe you can buy yourself a good one, because you clearly do not want to take the time to earn it.
I have a level 100 SK with over 10,000 AA's on Live, he was created during Kunark and was the only character I ever played. So yes, you are correct that I do not feel like starting over from scratch especially when I am attempting to get new friends to play with me.

As for buying a fun time, we have all just purchased Wildstar. Is it EQ? No, but I can't talk anyone into staying on a server run by devs that make rash decisions.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Fire Giant

75% of the banned accounts were 4th and 5th tmo alts
Old 03-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattdog64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a server run by devs that make rash decisions.
Please tell us again how the devs enforcing rules that are clearly detailed in the Getting Started post you would have had to click on to get started here is "making a rash decision"?

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This announcement and the subsequent bannings sends a much more clear message than silently wiping out a few seller-holding accounts along with their respective buyers every week. There are a lot of people waking up this morning and realizing there is no such thing as a safe site or a safe way to buy items or platinum on p99.

Also,

Project 1999
Players: 1226
.:: Server Info ::.

Server seems to be pretty healthy.
Your comment clearly projects what is wrong with your decision making skills. I hope you grow up, and realize it is much more fun to be someone that gives second chances than an executioner.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Yeah, grow up Deru wtf.

Red99
Old 03-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

ermagawhd. I must be power tripping again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How dare I enforce these rules we have that are clearly spelled out all over the forums, the getting started guide, and even hinted at on RMT sellers websites. Such bullshit. Who do I think I am!

Thank you for playing, mattdog. I encourage anyone who got banned to try again with a clean whistle. You can find a comprehensive list of the server rules in this handy thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132299
Old 03-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you know that buying plat is against the rules. You know that you can get banned for it. You're not upset that you got banned for it, you're upset that they waited so long to do it?

I am really not that upset about the money, it was just money. I am more upset about the time lost and that if I was sent a warning within the first couple weeks I would have stopped, and so would have my friends and they might all still be playing.

The events could have been handled much more professionally with a much better battle plan. Hopefully they learn from it for future players.
Closed Thread