Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Orc

Default Roleplay on Project '99 ?

One of the aspects of classic EQ I really enjoyed (Erollisi Marr for me) was the large population of roleplayers you'd encounter just about everywhere. As the game aged and progression/parsing/ooc became the norm the game lost some of it's flavor. Off I went to defend Halas as Samm the warrior once the RP server (Firiona Vie) came online but even there, after about a year, the roleplay died.

I'm just curious, while I only toggle on rp here and there and have encountered a few others 'goin' purple', are there many dedicated roleplayers on the server? A RP guild perhaps or group that stages events? How often do you run across it in game? I wonder if others were drawn back for that as well?
Old 09-08-2010, 01:30 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Greetings Fellow Adventurer.

Could I request that you bestow upon me magical enhancements that would aid in my creature slaying?

(That's me asking for powerlevelling buffs).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Orc

thou art resembling of the southern flanks of a north-bound Centaur!

(that's me replying to your buff request from a necromancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 09-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

I am from Erollisi Marr and was a part of the rich roleplaying community. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Knights of the Holy Storm, Children of Darkness, Shadow Guard, Brothers of Obsidian, Circle of Dreams... Wonderful folks.

Sadly nobody roleplays here. However, it is probably the nicest play experience I've had in EQ aside from my roleplay days. I thought an EQEmu would be full of hackers and be like Pelican Bay... It isn't. People are more curtious here than they ever were on line.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Banned

Can thou um.. buffist thine fire pet so I can slay the most vial of Pegasus quillmane whilests he prances thusly
Old 09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Kobold

RP can be fun - in the sense I am only ROLEPLAYING a metrosexual but decidedly not gay bard.

IRL I crew tobacco and smoke cigarettes and other tough guy things.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Kobold

I roleplay a deaf cleric.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Kobold

Haha
Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Orc

Hey Drake, always good to see old Emarr folk here. Knights were the most serious RP guild I encountered over there and staged lots of events, great guild. My guild, Midnight Sojourn, was about half and half at inception but as in-game progression and rivalry with Fire & Fury intensified the recruiting process changed immensely and most of the RP-first peeps left for other games or some of the guilds you mentioned.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Just about everyone in a raid guild is on /role but I don't think that's the answer you wanted.
Closed Thread