Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Default Varying Variance

So before my last thread got hijacked there was actually some good feedback about the idea of a randomized spawn point for outdoor dragons.

It would be a different way to compete for a mob. Mages get plenty of glory with Trakanon, VS, Phinny and every dungeon mob in Norrath. Poor Rangers get shit on from level one. Lets give them a little purpose by randomizing these outdoor dragon's spawn points.

Also I can't help but agree with everyone on red scoffing our 2 day window. 16 hours is very excessive, and 2+/- is enough to accomplish the goal of having variance yet short enough to encourage(enable) races between the R guilds on probably all of these outdoor dragons as they pop FFA. I raised a ranger to one day track the green monster, unfortunately not knowing every merb was nothing more than a coth race, or a 3 month wait.

-------------------------------------------

Also something like this wouldn't effect the precious Trakanon and his coveted teeth. Most guilds don't have the force to have two mages coth two mages, then have all those mages coth down a 4 man team to engage.

And if you do have this force you deserve to raid VP, Hazzah!! These changes would not cut away from the teeth C guilds deserve.

I shudder at the thought of trying to beat a computer program that casts coth the millisecond a mob spawns.. But randomizing outdoor spawn points and making a more reasonable variance I can easily see guilds like Asgard, Azure, Divinity and Taken each with a viable raid force all fishing off of ogre island in TD with two rangers, or two bard, or a ranger and a bard, or a ranger and a mage, or a mage and a bard(oh look, variance) or whatever the leadership thought would make a good team.. scouring the sea for four(not sixteen) hours looking for an FTE on Faydedar.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

I don't even know what you're proposing
Old 01-08-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what you're proposing
That was a little much huh.. This is all I am proposing..

-Randomized spawn locations for Faydedar, Severilous, Taldenor, and Gorenaire (maybe Dracoliche?)

-Variance changed from 8+/- to 2+/-
Old 01-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

change respawn time to 1 minute all on raid targets. eventually people will get bored of killing mobs and switch to red to kill players. problem solved.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

It wasn't that it was much, it just didn't have a clear list and the title didn't really match the paragraphs. Anyway:

-not classic
-closer to classic, ideally +/- 0
Old 01-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha I saw this on the other post and shamefully participated in something similar recently. But it was kind of fun,
Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't that it was much, it just didn't have a clear list and the title didn't really match the paragraphs. Anyway:

-not classic
-closer to classic, ideally +/- 0
Coth ducking not classic, and 10+ guilds with huge raid forces and all top-end gear not classic either. We need to do something to level the playing field here.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Remove or reduce to +/- 30min Variance

Create Rule that says you may not have more than 2-3 players in zone when mob spawns.

Keep the no camping or binding at spawns rule

And sure, randomize spawn location for outdoor Kunark Dragons if you want

^ Then we are on to something.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

remove variance - all guilds start at WC spire.

Race.
Closed Thread