Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Default MQ eroded leather leggings bug

I have had all the eroded leather armour MQ'd except the leggings,

a friend shaman was selling me the MQ for the leggings and when he did the hand in he ended up receiving the leggings.... very strange but maybe it was just luck that some idiot has handed cobi frostbeard in thurg the gems.... so he refunded me the money and I tried finding the mq from somewhere else, we also petitioned it but gms said nothing they can do as they don't support mq's...

so today I hear of it happening again with someone and eroded leather leggings mq.... surely this cant be some idiot giving 1kpp of gems to npc... sounds bugged?!?!
Old 09-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

So you did not turn in your gems after the shaman turned in the legs and received the reward?
Old 09-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Aviak

no, basically the shaman turned in the eroded leather leggings and instantly received the druid no drop leggings.

so obviously we thought somebody must have turned in the gems before hand somewhere along the line.

the shaman was somewhat devastated as was I.

but yesterday I heard of someone in the tunnel saying the exact same story that happen to his friend just last night, I asked who it was and it wasn't the shaman it was some other guy, is it bugged do you think or is this genuinely someone handing in gems and ruining peoples day lol?

just seems strange how its the eroded leather leggings its always happening with.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

High probability the dwarf is only looking for the legs and doesn't need the gems to provide the reward. This could be ruled out with dev confirmation of the script or confirmation that someone successfully MQ'd the legs & gems with someone else.

If someone were trolling by handing out gems, you would likely see it on the other quest givers as well instead of just druid legs.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Aviak

yea, thing is cobi frostbeard (the dwarf) asks for the leggings + gems so either way there is a bug somewhere with it I think,hope a gm can confirm this and I can get my pants lol
Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

I've MQ'd eroded legs to a druid, so it was working as of 2 weeks ago. Doesn't mean someone didn't screw up their MQ or someone elses by handing in the wrong items but GMs won't do anything to fix that.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quest looks fine to me.

It appears that someone else had left gems on the npc. Turning in the leggings completed the mq.
Old 09-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

I also MQ'd legs to myself first week of Velious so something changed

edit: Nilbog has spoken
Old 09-22-2015, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darfindle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea, thing is cobi frostbeard (the dwarf) asks for the leggings + gems so either way there is a bug somewhere with it I think,hope a gm can confirm this and I can get my pants lol
Well not that he isn't asking for legs + gems, but the quest script would not require the gems for completion. In light of Man0warr's comment though, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've MQ'd eroded legs to a druid, so it was working as of 2 weeks ago. Doesn't mean someone didn't screw up their MQ or someone elses by handing in the wrong items but GMs won't do anything to fix that.
Could also be someone tried to get another piece of armor and turned in leg gems by mistake instead causing it to cascade in a series of errors.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:59 AM
Aviak

sounds about right, typical, the only piece I needed to complete my suite and it screws up.
Closed Thread