Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default If you could go back in time and get on the EQ dev team

What would you realistically change in Classic/Kunark/Velious?

Here is my list:

1. Add a druid port to Surefall Glade and a Wizard Port to Everfrost from day 1.

2. Add a few more items with regen on them. I never understood why they took out Rubicite Breastplate. I wish they had a 2 regen breastplate, and maybe something like a 8 or 10 regen as well to help bridge the gap between the gamebreaking power of the fungi tunic and everything else.

3. Make all vendors that sell to anyone be "greedy" vendors. The fact that there are so many vendors that sell to anyone really reduces the impact that faction has.

4. Being able to sell to a vendor because your sneaking is silly, and should be removed as well. This also increases the value of faction.

What would you change?
Last edited by jolanar; 08-01-2016 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would you realistically change in Classic/Kunark/Velious?

Here is my list:

1. Add a druid port to Surefall Glade and a Wizard Port to Everfrost from day 1.

2. Add a few more items with regen on them. I never understood why they took out Rubicite Breastplate. I wish they had a 2 regen breastplate, and maybe something like a 5 regen as well to help bridge the gap between the gamebreaking power of the fungi tunic and everything else.

3. Make all vendors that sell to anyone be "greedy" vendors. The fact that there are so many vendors that sell to anyone really reduces the impact that faction has.

4. Being able to sell to a vendor because your sneaking is silly, and should be removed as well. This also increases the value of faction.

What would you change?
your regen point is interesting, about more regen in classic...When they took out rubicate bp there were no regen items until Kunark. Iksar Ceremonial Chestplate is the +5 regen item they added to bridge the gap...

One change i would make would be to add special recharge merchants that only buy items with charges on them. I would also break recharging on other merchants. Recharging is such a cool "feature," I'd like to make it seem as if it were put into the game on purpose...
Old 08-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Fire Giant

I would try to stop the game from going over 60. Only hard mobs more AA's and gear.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Banned

1) Have dot's from different players stack
2) Beastlord from day 1
3) AA points
4) Lizards perma KoS outside of Kunark - and perma Ally in Kunark (Lizard should never be KoS to OT Fort even while cleansing KC)
5) More leveling dungeons in Velious
6) Revamp Dragon Necropolis to be more like nToV in terms of raiding
7) Add in the god d@mn LFG tool for the love of christ
8) Add in achievements like WoW...say what you want but I like achievements
9) Remove Multi Questing of items
Last edited by Spyder73; 08-01-2016 at 10:02 AM..
Old 08-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Fix bugs that were in game for like 10 years without being addressed because devs refused to believe they were broken (taunt not working on anything above blue con, bash stun not generating aggro similar to spell stun, etc).

I'd also put in loads of broken quests and items with race/class combos that couldn't be used by players.

Edit: I also like how most of the classic gear was basically crap, and easily replaceable as nothing was really orders of magnitude better than the most simple equipment.
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-01-2016 at 10:00 AM..
Old 08-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Kobold

I would get rid of those horrible Kunark trees.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

If I could back in time and meet the dev team.. hmm.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGraves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would get rid of those horrible Kunark trees.
...and of the ubiquitous mountains.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

1. Remove absolute race-class restrictions and replace with meaningful faction and quest based restrictions, allowing all playable races to become any class provided they complete a series of quests and satisfy specific faction requirements.

2. Implement item wear and remove no drop.

3. Make stamina meaningful
Old 08-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Remove absolute race-class restrictions and replace with meaningful faction and quest based restrictions, allowing all playable races to become any class provided they complete a series of quests and satisfy specific faction requirements.

2. Implement item wear and remove no drop.

3. Make stamina meaningful

Item wear. Oh man that would be brutal, but welcomed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread