Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2016, 05:12 PM
Orc

Default EC tunnel prices. what gives?

Hey all,

I'm pretty new. I did the starting zone thing. got a port to WC and headed over to EC tunnel with my saved up plat to see if I could pick up some noobie items. What is going on with the prices on the server? I was seeing insane prices for things. Was there a gold dupe on the server in the past or something? How does everyone have so much gold? Why are prices so inflated?

noobie gear was pretty affordable, but the higher end gear was crazy pricey.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Aviak

P99 spent something like 5 years in the Kunark era and plenty of people have been on the server that long or longer. You can save up a lot of plat in that time, which you can then spend on those really rare or useful items, bumping up the price.
Last edited by HeyNomad; 08-15-2016 at 05:33 PM..
Old 08-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflytoohigh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there a gold dupe on the server in the past or something?
yes, a few times if i have gathered correctly. good news is the mechanics on the server are pretty spot-on, and the community is mostly positive. look out for a future new server which should be immune to further duping/exploits.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflytoohigh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

noobie gear was pretty affordable, but the higher end gear was crazy pricey.
So, an EQ economy on any server ever?
Old 08-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Gear prices are surprisingly not very inflated here compared to live. Honestly for 90% of things the price is cheaper here than it was on live.

Not sure what the OP was comparing the items to that made them decide things were overpriced. There is zero ways to determine that if you are brand new to the server.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah. There's not really any inflation, at all.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Banned

The high end items are out of reach until you reach the top levels of the game, and that’s how it should be. The newb gear tends to be ridiculously cheap for items that are actually incredibly good for new players. I think you can get a FBSS for like 2k-3k now and you can get good weapons for all melee classes for 100pp easily.

I feel like these items are the pillars of where prices are based (for high end)

25k Tranquil Staff
50k Fungi
75k Cloak of Flame
150k Zlandicar Heart

So the good news is that once you are level 55+ you can rake in 50k plat off a common drop item (Fungi). When you are XPing in KC you can potentially get a 25k drop, and Ixi/RageFire/Naggy can all drop the CoF and Ixi is farm-able. Key to all this is having a high level char.

And quite honestly the best stuff is no drop, so just get 46+ and you can gear yourself for free
Old 08-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Gearing yourself is the most fun!

That said, it doesn't hurt that it is easy to pick up a ~10/25 weapon for just a few bone chip stacks to get the ball rolling!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Think of what a day of farming seafuries nets in vendorable gems. Multiple that by 2400 days. Then imagine all the other plat farms that have been on lock down for 6-7 years.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phacemeltar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes, a few times if i have gathered correctly. good news is the mechanics on the server are pretty spot-on, and the community is mostly positive. look out for a future new server which should be immune to further duping/exploits.
what did I tell you about posting while you're high af?
Closed Thread