Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Default How do you make your money?

For those of us who don’t get all super secretive about where and how we get our plat I figured isn’t make a thread and see what people did/do to make pot. Can’t cook without that dough.

On my monk, even tho there is the weight requirement, I looted everything. To this day I’ve never won a big ticket item (best items I’ve won were a locustlure and a box of nil space). Now don’t get me wrong I never got rich, but by looting everything people don’t want adds up. On top of that, whenever junk loot like for instance sebilite scale armor dropped, most people would pass. I’ve probably sold 50-60 pieces of that stuff. Same with low 50s spells. Another good example would be Kunzar cloaks. They vendor for 80 plat give or take so basically every time I grouped in KC I’d walk out with one no one wanted because most people had one in the bank and they are lore.

On my Druid I found a nice way to make money is to bind outside city of mist and sell ports. It’s one of those out of the way places people appreciate getting a port out of. Also I’d offer to buy people’s vendor trash off them and change their gold and silver into plat. A lot of people don’t bank often when they are parked in COM.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Slowly...
Old 01-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

inb4 loramin treasure hunting guide (but theres at least 2 good plat treasure guides on wiki)
Old 01-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I have a job.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

When I was in money-making mode, I did best on my druid.

I would do the monk sash quest then sold that for 2k, I would do the WC port cap from RV, and then I would do Jboots MQs occasionally. I also did ports.

This added up nice change when I was a newer druid at 40-50. I then took my plats and started buying/selling in EC later and that boosted my plats faster than farming anything.

I don't think reselling is as lucrative now, but you probably could still do it.

Seems like the market sucks now plus you got 5-10 resellers constantly spamming EC making it hard to get deals as they gobble up good buys quickly seeing they in EC 24/7.

Luckily I have a nice nest egg of plats I can get any gears I want and monkey around on alts whenever I feel like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

I cashed in on the Elder Holgresh bead market when they went from 20k to 120k. Traded a Tranix Crown for my first set of beads actually. No regrets selling even though prices continue to rise.

If you wanted to make money on the server today farming gems in Velks is not a terribly bad way to do it. There was an afternoon I left Brood Mother with over 50k in gear/gems from maybe a 3 hour play session and that's not uncommon. Gem prices have fallen but not to the point where its not worth farming them.

I have no doubt a well managed static farm group for Velks could manage to pull 100k a week with pretty minimal effort and playtime.

Fungi farming probably the most time tested and true way to get rich though
Old 01-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Porting.

It’s easy plat and no risk. Join DaP.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-30-2018, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

Scrounging - Collecting loot. Fine steel weapons, crafting mats, high price droppables, and everything in between adds up. Don't kill yourself to vendor every 20 plat Tar Goo Strand if you're XP'ing there but loading up your bags every trip out of town can really add up. Over the course of my game time, I'm sure three or four of my tink bags were probably funded entirely by Fine Steel Weapons.

&

Patience - Don't waste money to rush to finish things you can do yourself. For example my buddy decked out a cleric alt: Jboots - 5,000p; Peggy Cloak - 10,000p; VP Key Quest - 40,000p; full Skyshrine MQ's can be 200k+; Epic Quest 55,000p. If you want to drop all that plat more power to you but that adds up to 300k+ and you could buy some really game changing items like Elder Beads/Fungi's/COFs/NTOV loots for 300k. This game isn't going anywhere and no one is finishing a character in one trip to EC so take your time.

&

Play Smart & Have Fun - Know your chars and opportunities to make money. Is porting your best option? PL'ing? Solo'ing high plat camps? Grouping? Do what's fun for you and it's not like you're killing yourself to earn every 1k. Buy MQ's when you can't get the item together and it's cheap/easy. Help out your buddies and get a chance to roll on spells/items that drop when you're doing quests together. Have fun.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

As a leveling toon I farmed Groi Gutblade and sold dozens of Rings to raid guilds.

At level 60 I locked down King Tranix and Drusella Sathir camp before velious dropped and made about 100k in 2 weeks.

OH yeah, I have puppet strings.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

By not sharing how I got my plat.
God didn't get to be god by giving money away.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread