Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 05:46 PM
Large Rat

Default Laid Back Necro Plat Farming

Looking for some advice on laid back plat farming as a 60 necro, thanks!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:32 PM
Banned

I see necromancers farming in Velks all the time for the Silver Chitin Hands Wraps + all the other crap the spiders drop...armor, gems, ect

Droga is good for Earring of Essence, idol of the throned, CoS...not huge money but can make decent cash for literally no effort (spectre can solo all that sh!t easily)

Necromancers can farm the VP key pieces. Full VP MQ sells for like 30k but it can be time intensive if you are unlucky on spawns. But you can realistically do an entire VP key within a week or two and that's 30k.

Hell in Guk you could probably farm FBSS almost afk for an easy 2-3k.

I have read of people farming Skyshrine for armor drops but have never done this myself, im sure someone else can explain Skyshrine farming in more details, but its potentially very profitable.

Never done PoM either...Could probably do some things in there.

Depending on how comfortable you are with Charming and with the area you can pretty much solo all of the Crpyt in Sebelis if you can get down there. Probably don't even really need to Charm, im sure at 60 you can DoT them down easy enough. Big cash items drop there is you are lucky.

Would mention Howling Stones but its not 'laid back' by anyone's definition
Last edited by Spyder73; 02-01-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Old 02-02-2018, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

Howling Stones South is where I've made truck loads of plat. South Cubby is the bees knees and once you learn how to break it, it's an afk camp for 20 minutes at a time.

I wouldn't spend the money on a CoTH to PoM unless you plan on dropping tons of plat into the cards to buy the armor. Camps are highly contested, and they're not really consistently soloable unless you have a few of the needed items (epic, soulwell, hatebook etc) and will probably end up costing you a 100p per mob to kill just in peridot costs. Combo all that with the rarity of the cards, it's a pretty depressing camp.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Which spot on the map is considered the "cubby" in south?
Old 03-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

The northwest little nook that meets up with the West wing. Has 3 spawn markers in it.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Sarnak

Imagine most of these will work an Ench?
Old 03-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Banned

do not visit rivervale the halflings are very poor and strong men who practice jiu jitsu it is a worthless endeavor do not visit rivervale i repeat do not visit rivervale
Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine most of these will work an Ench?
All of them will. The only thing I can think of that a necro does a little easier than an enchanter might be Ice Burrowers, but that sucks to do regardless.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see necromancers farming in Velks all the time for the Silver Chitin Hands Wraps + all the other crap the spiders drop...armor, gems, ect

Droga is good for Earring of Essence, idol of the throned, CoS...not huge money but can make decent cash for literally no effort (spectre can solo all that sh!t easily)

Necromancers can farm the VP key pieces. Full VP MQ sells for like 30k but it can be time intensive if you are unlucky on spawns. But you can realistically do an entire VP key within a week or two and that's 30k.

Hell in Guk you could probably farm FBSS almost afk for an easy 2-3k.

I have read of people farming Skyshrine for armor drops but have never done this myself, im sure someone else can explain Skyshrine farming in more details, but its potentially very profitable.

Never done PoM either...Could probably do some things in there.

Depending on how comfortable you are with Charming and with the area you can pretty much solo all of the Crpyt in Sebelis if you can get down there. Probably don't even really need to Charm, im sure at 60 you can DoT them down easy enough. Big cash items drop there is you are lucky.

Would mention Howling Stones but its not 'laid back' by anyone's definition
Skyshrine is a nice and easy camp at 60. It's not the best money camp but not bad either. You need to head up to what is called the Fe'Dhar camp. It's actually two camps that are divided by a teleport pad you use to get to the maze. All the mobs have enormous loot tables but very, very low drop rates. Some of the loot is trash, some is very good. Some is no drop, some is tradable. I'd say spending a session of 4-6 hours would likely yield you a 5-6k item but RNG is RNG and you might get nothing or you might strike gold and get your self a Wurm Lord Shawl or 20k worth of stuff.

PoM is not a profitable place for a necro. You can, at great effort and risk, solo halflings at A4. They can drop thrones. So there's that. But will require you to have decent gear / utility stuff and can go south easily. It's also annoying to not be able to kill 1/3 of that camp (TwentyTwo).

Another option is to go to Kael at 4-way/bank area and kill the 8 spawns there. Lieutenants can drop thurgadin armor and it's a very easy camp. Drop rates are very low, again, but you might luck out and hit a chest piece. Robes sell for 40-50k.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Guards get some weight reduction bags and farm swords

100% laid back farming

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Closed Thread