Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Default pleeease respond devs :D about server

so I started playing on p99 about a year and a bit before kunark came out, had a blast, and I still follow the boards fairly religiously. I just burned out trying to hit 60 when kunark came out and deleted my toon / gave away all my stuff on bashndash.

Anyways, I know the topic has come up before, would just like to know what the thought is with eventually beginning another server? Is it on the table? I've just kind of been waiting patiently for a fresh start on p99 again since I feel it'd be no fun starting as a naked level 1 again after having a primo warrior haha.

Once velious is done, is the option of another blue p99 even on the table? I don't mind waiting, just would really like to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I rolled a warrior on r99, was super excited for a fresh server again haha but it ended up being nowhere near as population as b99 was...

Anyways hope this gets an answer, don't mean to come across as pushy or anything, would just love to come back and play at some point again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

cheers!

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

deleting characters is always the wrong choice.

The server will stop at Velious, at which point many options will be considered, including possible custom content that will maintain the spirit of the game, and/or an additional new server starting over at Pre-Kunark.

but no, there is no definitive "for sure, this is what we are doing" position by the staff at this time.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

moral of the story? don't delete your toons! lol
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

...or sell them! I regret every minute selling my SK, and really want to level one up again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Sarnak

lol yeah, its just fun to start the grind. If its a year, 2 years whatever, I don't mind waiting, the first ride on p99 was fucking awesome. Glad to hear its being considered, and I hope you guys do a refresh one day!!!

I'll just wait patiently trolling the forums till then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

Honestly, my first character I deleted I regretted and tried to get him back with no luck. Then I deleted my next character at level 35. (and getting 35 is not easy by any means in my conditions). And I have no regrets at all. I'll start over as a necro and welcome the fresh start. I think it could become a regular thing. It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess you'd say it gives you new focus. I'd rather experience different classes than get geared up and reach end game content.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

OP.

You say that you want a new server, but then your reasoning for wanting a new server is that you don't want to start a character from scratch?

GTFO of here! Jesus H. Christ!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, my first character I deleted I regretted and tried to get him back with no luck. Then I deleted my next character at level 35. (and getting 35 is not easy by any means in my conditions). And I have no regrets at all. I'll start over as a necro and welcome the fresh start. I think it could become a regular thing. It's kind of hard to explain, but I guess you'd say it gives you new focus. I'd rather experience different classes than get geared up and reach end game content.
You know, there is a little-known feature in EverQuest that lets you have multiple characters at one time WITHOUT deleting your characters.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

LoL, I THINK you guys are all missing the point. He most likely deleted his character due to an inability to step away/stop playing EQ to take care of real life priorities, as is the case with 90% of EQ players.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:55 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or you know you can just petition to get your character back...

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread