Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auchae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current GMs aren't going to deal with those issues. There should be a whole new GM who knows all the coding and is dedicated to fixing the PvP issues such as the one you listed, Salty.

It could work.

What about this guy

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32488
Yeah sure let me setup the invitro box ... oh wait wrong universe.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Sarnak

Wonder if theres a way to set a timer on something like that.

For example, after being attacked or attacking another player, for the next 10-30 mins (dunno what a good amount of time is) you are flagged as a redname would be on a blue server (no healing, buffing, etc.). Could easily be used to grief people I suppose, but who gives a shit. It's PvP.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned

^this^
Old 12-21-2010, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and have been an Emu player on and off since the project got what I would call "stable"
Stable on Project 1999 or the EQEMU in general. We had a pvp server in the circuit before P99. ded. Guess you missed it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was stable then too, and was a mod using the same old art assets type used here now. Did ok for a while, then the population faded.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Sarnak

the shitty, whiny, ingrateful PVE playerbase here has already tried their hardest to destroy this server many times over. multiply that shittiness by 10 and son you have yourself a PVP playerbase and hoo boy you're in for a hell of a ride i tell you what
Old 12-21-2010, 05:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keeping it closed when there are just regular dudes being staff

I am picturing some server being staffed by a group of Cyclops or something. Some really, really NON-regular dudes pwning the shit out of petition queues and such.

Or maybe Predator GMs or something. That'd be tiiiiiight!

~Olly the Druid~
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVentura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am picturing some server being staffed by a group of Cyclops or something. Some really, really NON-regular dudes pwning the shit out of petition queues and such.

Or maybe Predator GMs or something. That'd be tiiiiiight!

~Olly the Druid~
We need people on the Eqemu project building empires is my point. There is a lot of work that needs to be done that isn't, is the problem. Issues to the core of the product need to be addressed; maximizing your work force is the solution. Servers like P99, vztz, and others contribute to the greater goal of keeping legitimate EQ going, because Sony sure has heck won't. We just need to keep lobbying our efforts.

We are going to have 100 people at once pvping in a zone over one individual target. Don't think for a second we aren't going to be optimizing for stability at a much higher standard than pve servers available at this point.

Quote:
Server was going to be big. Ideas were up there. Prolly wont see a server like this again. (Qeynos vs Freeport)
Quote:
Glad to see you're back, it was really fun to work with you and learn from you, but I think this experience killed my will to do anything EQ related.

that server was just what the EQEmu PvP community needed and wanted

I'll admit I was kind of upset when I woke up to find the server gone, tons of players hitting me up, and having no answers for them.
Last edited by Salty; 12-21-2010 at 07:08 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything else is utter shit that Daxum and all the dumbasses afterwards ruined and created loopholes/exploits instead of fixes. Look at what he contributed to the community? An utter piece of shit gutted from anything that was helpful to the greater community. The only reason why we have it is because their GM Searyx dumped the server and sent it to us before Gronkus closed the box. We want a p99 contribution in which we can continue the greater effort of the emulation community.
you sir, are an ingrate piece of shit. without daxum you would have never been able to play together with your zerg friends on vztz. voidd, searyx and gronkus are a different story but keep daxum outa this

go back into your trollcavern
Old 12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you sir, are an ingrate piece of shit. without daxum you would have never been able to play together with your zerg friends on vztz. voidd, searyx and gronkus are a different story but keep daxum outa this

go back into your trollcavern
His server wasn't really all that stable nor clear of exploits so, k bro. Go go Daxum thx for the box that no one has any use for anymore.

I did have fun on his server, but I attribute that more towards the skill of people above Dax that made it happen. We have Rogean on this server, so it's pretty much a hard sell on me that vztz has the ability to do anything beyond basic remedial tasks.
Last edited by Salty; 12-21-2010 at 07:18 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 07:45 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Don't think for a second we aren't going to be optimizing for stability at a much higher standard than pve servers available at this point.
With how much both Haynar and I have pushed for improved stability in this code, and how much we've done with it toward that end, no other server can compare.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread