Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in the slightest actually. I LOVE the fact that there are going to be more mobs to kill. What is annoying is this kind of attitude.

"pretty much going to force everyone to be on call 24/7 which seems to go against what you are trying to accomplish and what the playerbase wants."

Darn, the GM's are forcing people to kill raid mobs for loots and to stay logged in for them. Cry me a river. "What the player base wants" is loot off of mobs without putting in the proper effort to get them. "What the player base wants" seems to be attempts at the same mobs they aren't even willing to organize themselves in a manner that will earn them attempts and eventual loot.

It seems to me that what the player base wants is World of Warcraft. Go play WoW if you want to log in an hour a night and get decked out in the fattest gear. Classic Everquest has never been that way.

When TMO came to the server people told us "oh you guys will never be anything here because IB owns this server...blablabla" We raided the shit out of plane and fear, wiped, noobed it up. TMO break fear yet? Then what? We fucking wanted to kill a dragon, we went and sat our asses in front of Naggy's lair for a day and a half (Only thing we could do to try to compete against the fucking IB kill fest) Naggy spawned after I don't know how many hours of socking that dragon, most of us were AFK. Maybe had 14 there, engaged, killed naggy and found out that IB had leapfrogged over us to tag and get FTE with a fucking 4 or 5 person KS group. They were awarded the loot. Yes, at that point we weren't even real competition for them and yes they just did this for the fuck of it.

This type of shittastic activity pissed us off, and there were plenty of down times, but we fought through it, adapted, kicked, screamed, merged with new friends and have been experiencing some good times for a while now. It is my experience and opinion that this is what classic EQ is. The high end was always a tough game, and if you want to experience it you need to earn it. Period.

Now what I see is people crying to the GM's for a change, instead of doing what it takes to compete, (YES, IT MEANS DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO COMPETE ) they want the server go in a different direction that it hasn't gone in since its inception. Spawn more mobs! Constant respawns! Yay! Loots all around!

To lower level and medium level guilds:

You want to see classic/kunark dragons? Talk to your GM's for Velious! Lower level and medium level guilds attempted/defeated to kunark dragons during Velious. This is classic.

To aspiring high end/hardcore raiders:
You want to see kunark dragons NOW? Do what it takes to form yourselves into a real competitive guild. Yes, merge yourselves with like-minded individuals and make it happen. It is much sweeter than QQ'ing to gm's about changes to the server that they haven't had to make even when competition was 100x stronger than it is now in at high end raiding scene.

(P.S) Please pardon grammer/spelling. Didnt get a chance to proof read. Going home from WORK now. Yes, most TMO are gainfully employed.
TMO worked for where they are and has had a pretty good, uneventful, easy last few months. Staff decide to make things easier for other guilds and you get upset?

Your (well your trackers, you don't track very often at all) work load is about to be cut in half. Your guild is about to get an overall increase in raid loot per week, a decent increase.

Yet, all you can think of is "omg other guilds are now getting it easy"

The server has become stagnant, every person that is capable of end-game raid guild style game play has either left or joined TMO (granted there might be 1 or 2 people left in the other guilds).

I bet if you ask any TMO tracker (real tracker) what they think about all this and I bet you will find overwhelming support just for the reduced window sizes alone.

Sometimes people need to really learn to take the good with the bad and when there is no bad... to shut the fuck up while grown folks is talkin.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:30 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can you guys stop shitting up the thread?

thx

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cali is nice. But 8.50 an hour is not. It is especially not nice in Cali.
imagine all the gas you could buy with that 13 years ago
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And to elaborate, we probably won't make any changes before the changes in the OP get implemented.. and if we only do repops for raid mobs, VP will not be included unless it is an entire server repop as being discussed. Reasoning for this is that this entire change is to benefit the smaller guilds, which I don't see affecting VP in it's current state.
If you are gonna repop the raid mobs include VP. Or else you are just locking of us out of the loot we need most which also decreases the encounters the rest of the server will see
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

Alarti don't troll in this thread dude, if that were the case you wouldn't be saving VP for last trying to take ALL the other mobs as it is already when you don't really need them. VP doesn't need to be included regardless because other guilds will still see mobs more frequently this way. Whether they get them or not, who knows... but atleast there is a greater chance. Spiking VP only benefits one guild much like this current system, so no real need for it.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are gonna repop the raid mobs include VP. Or else you are just locking of us out of the loot we need most which also decreases the encounters the rest of the server will see
Sounds like an ultimatum.

I don't like ultimatums.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Alarti:If you are gonna repop the raid mobs include VP. Or else you are just locking of us out of the loot we need most which also decreases the encounters the rest of the server will see
Writ3r has it right... pretty disingenuous to suggest that you would be going after VP first when everyone is aware that you will save VP mobs for last because this is what you have done in the past. VP mobs repopping will have an insignificant effect on the encounters the rest of the server will see.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like an ultimatum.

I don't like ultimatums.
no one likes 'ol tomatoes
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Its amazing but I'm agreeing with almost everything Stealin writes in this thread. The apocalypse must be close.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to me that what the player base wants is World of Warcraft. Go play WoW if you want to log in an hour a night and get decked out in the fattest gear. Classic Everquest has never been that way.

The high end was always a tough game, and if you want to experience it you need to earn it. Period.
The Op has some interesting aspects, but we should be reminded why most of us left WoW to come back to p99.

1. It's exceedingly hard.

2. It's actually a challenge.

3. Pixels are much more appreciated when it is HARD to get.

I realize that the low end guilds want a shot at the high end game in p99, but realize, too, that it may be end up being a pyrrhic effect (i.e., the "cost" is exceedingly high, even with "victory").

I think the p99 devs/GMS have done an oustanding job at trying to keep p99 as classic as possible, but if the rate of pixel acquisition is increased overly much due to weekly respawns with negligible effect upon regular spawn timers, many of you might find that there is no real difference between games like WoW and the "new p99." Whereas the server may see an increased population over the course of a couple of months, boredom will quickly set in when everyone has "phat lewt" and the economy is in the ditch--and the population will eventually deteriorate.

On the other hand, if Velious is imminent (I mean 2 months or so out), then none of my concerns are particularly relevant, as long as these changes are not implemented along with the Velious expansion.
Closed Thread