Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Orc

Default The Falchion

Quest: "The Falchion" (yields paladin sword 'Falchion of the Koada'Vie')

Zone: Northern Felwithe

NPC: General Jyleel

Alla Link: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=93

Quest components (3):
1) The heart of Ambassador Dvinn
2) Blue Orc Head (from the Orc Prophet in Crushbone)
3) A Large Locked Crate (dropped by Brawn in the Ocean of Tears)

Reward: 'Falchion of the Koada'Vie' (6/24 1hs, no drop)

Issue: I enjoyed completing this quest with my brother, (all the components dropped correctly and the named mobs were great combat experiences) but was disappointed when General Jyleel ate my three submitted items (handed to him at the same time, as usual). *Jyleel did respond with the 'not enough faction script' but my faction wth him is maxed at 'ally' status.

I have a couple of screenshots that I can provide that show the failed quest transaction in progress. If a fix is able to be implemented, is an item reimbursement possible?

Thanks guys for your continuing awesome work!

Sincerely,

Datante
Old 11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Orc

Default Follow up

I also noticed that Wenai posted that D'Vinn has been dropping the wrong black heart, but the dialogue I received when Jyleel ate all three of my items indicated that it was a faction issue, not a component issue.

Thanks!

-Datante
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

As was stated in another thread, Ally wasn't scripted into quests since it is SUPPOSED to be disabled as a non-classic element through the source. This isn't a quest we had written in house either so it might have other issues. Will advise post 5p eastern unless Wenait gets it first.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Actually Aeolwind.. This was one of the first scripts I wrote from scratch I think. He was missing the Falchion quest... It might have been one that I had written in the different sub EVENT_ITEM sub categories (ie. multiple EVENT_ITEM subs). This method had worked for me early on but some of my scripts broke and I had to fix them.

Ambassador D`Vinn was indeed dropping the wrong heart which i just fixed in the DB today and will be on the next patch. I can login later to give it a shot.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Orc

Default Awesome!

Thanks for the fast response, Aeolwind and Wenai!

-Datante
Last edited by Datante; 11-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: quick note change
Old 11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Orc

That is great news, thanks Aeolwind! Any chance for an item reimbursement in-game? If not, I'll survive.

Thanks again--

Datante
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Developer

Sure man, I'm loggin in now if you are available, shoot me a tell, i'll be on Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Orc

Thank you Aeolwind for your continuing support on this quest fix. I was not able to get online before the server went down Saturday night, but hope to send you a /tell in game soon when things are not too busy on your end.

Thanks again!!

-Datante
Old 06-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

I hate to bring up a dead page, but has this been fixed yet?

Only asking because of thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10478

~ Estolcles Guerrero. Happy ass paladin.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Closed Thread