Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 12:02 AM
Orc

Default Monk weight limit?

My friend is playing a monk and I'm trying to understand the monk weight limit. The wiki says his limit at lvl 7 is 14.9? Does this mean he can't go over 14.9 even with all his gear on? With his gear and a few empty bags he's at 46. It doesn't seem possible for him to even get close to 14.9 in weight, he'd basically have to carry 0 bags and no armor?

Can anyone set me straight here? I know monks aren't meant to loot basically anything so maybe he should only have 1 bag unless they're weight reduction? How big of a penalty is it for him to go over these limits?

Any help is appreciate thanks!
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Aviak

You can go over 15lbs in weight but it will decrease your AC. I wouldn't worry about it to much at lower lvls. Once you start getting more and more monk armor you will notice allot of it doesn't weigh that much. Plus you can always get weight reduction bags for your misc items.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

One thing you can do to save a lot of weight is use http://wiki.project1999.com/Medicine_Bag instead of the standard 3 weight backpacks. Eventually you'll want tinker bags / other similar bags
Old 05-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapalabrowns [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My friend is playing a monk and I'm trying to understand the monk weight limit. The wiki says his limit at lvl 7 is 14.9? Does this mean he can't go over 14.9 even with all his gear on? With his gear and a few empty bags he's at 46. It doesn't seem possible for him to even get close to 14.9 in weight, he'd basically have to carry 0 bags and no armor?

Can anyone set me straight here? I know monks aren't meant to loot basically anything so maybe he should only have 1 bag unless they're weight reduction? How big of a penalty is it for him to go over these limits?

Any help is appreciate thanks!
He needs to focus on getting nearly "weightless" gear. The Cured Silk for example is I like 0.1 WT for every piece (or close to that), making it pretty easy to have a full set of armor that equals 1 or 2 WT in TOTAL.

Mesh gear that drops in Guk is similar and even better for a newbie. Most people trash it in fact its so common, you might have success asking around in the UpperGuk zone if anyone has any to share.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

My best advise is to pretend the monk weight limit isn't real while leveling. Just go about your business as per usual and address weight issues when you get into your 50s
Old 05-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

I used to delete my copper, and then eventually my silver.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can go over 15lbs in weight but it will decrease your AC. I wouldn't worry about it to much at lower lvls. Once you start getting more and more monk armor you will notice allot of it doesn't weigh that much. Plus you can always get weight reduction bags for your misc items.
With today's gear as cheap as it is, this is right. The weight limit doesn't matter that much until you get into your 40's and 50's, which is nice, because that's when lighter stuff generally becomes available. Until then, I'd focus on HP items like 5/55 or 6/65 rings since plat for plat, they'll be way more effective at keeping your friend alive.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to delete my copper, and then eventually my silver.
I started a couple months ago and I still hesitate to delete my silver! lol
Old 05-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started a couple months ago and I still hesitate to delete my silver! lol
Actively ask the tanks or fighters in your group if they have room to transfer your silver to gold/plat.. always offer them 10-25% capital gain on the trade though since they can carry less vendor loot.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My best advise is to pretend the monk weight limit isn't real while leveling. Just go about your business as per usual and address weight issues when you get into your 50s
This is great advice. It really doesn't matter till some time in your 50's. Paying attention to it will either cost you like 20-25k in tink bags up front or it will cost you your ability to farm and gear yourself as you level up.
Closed Thread